Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an off chance, but I figured I'd ask anyway! I'm going to be in AZ at the very beginning of November, by the looks of it, and would love to get a nice ride in, problem being I'm under 25 and probably can't rent one like I would like to. I'll toss you $200 to let me borrow it for a day or two, and return it every night, and will return it full of gas!! So, any takers? I doubt it but it's worth a shot, haha :rolleyes

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
You can borrow mine for $4500. :evil

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I'll let you ride my kx250 and you can wheelie that real easy lol
Hahaha. Just realized that was the same guy. He should've deleted that thread before asking this question.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, I would never wheelie someone else's bike or stunt around on it, I just want to explore. $200 a day, that's most ill do! Quick cash for someone, and I wont crash it, I promise:rolleyes

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Lol, I would never wheelie someone else's bike or stunt around on it, I just want to explore. $200 a day, that's most ill do! Quick cash for someone, and I wont crash it, I promise:rolleyes
This isn't going anywhere. You can't promise you won't crash it.

No one in their right mind is going to let a sub 25 year old complete stranger, noob rider, who was just asking how to wheeling take their bike for a day for a lousy $200.00.

Why don't you go to some dealers and see if they have demo days you can attend.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't know, I'd consider it if I was in AZ, however not for how you want it.

I'd want a damage/theft deposit before you drove off that you could have back after the bike came back and I inspected it, on top of that $200 a day you are offering.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Why, Silas, do you think you cannot rent a bike? I assume you have a motorcycle driver's license and a credit card?

"How old do you have to be to rent from ER? The minimum age to rent a motorcycle is 21 years. There is no age limit for passengers, however the passenger must be able to reach the passenger foot pegs or floorboards of the bike".

- Motorcycle Rental In Scottsdale

- Motorcycle Rental in Phoenix

- Motorcycle Rental In Flagstaff

- Motorcycle Rental in Sedona

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
To op Does the term not in a million years mean anything to you? You've been hitting the crack pipe a little hard lately , it's time to put it down and sober up buddy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 6 years riding experience, on road and off. Like I said, id never stunt someone else's bike. I knew it was a long shot, but figured id give it a shot anyway, as you never know when you might find a generous individual. I'm not 21 yet so even then its irrelevant. I do have a credit card and a license but still don't meet the age requirements. I know there are some nice roads up that way and wanted to give them a quick tour, but I guess ill have to pass on it. No hard feelings, just figured id ask. Like I said, you never know!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To op Does the term not in a million years mean anything to you? You've been hitting the crack pipe a little hard lately , it's time to put it down and sober up buddy.
If a mature individual came to me asking to ride my bike, and they were offering me $400 for two days, you're damn right id let them, why not? I guess brotherhood means nothing to you.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I've only let one other person here ride my 14 and i was a bit nervous.
There's too much liability involved. Offering money is the EZ part. Brotherhood only goes so far in today's world of injuries and lawsuits and ended friendships.
You may have good intentions but the unforseen accident can cause a nightmare for both parties. I would bet my insurance doesn't even cover another rider on my bike.
Case and point, I was generous to let a friend ride my ATV and he crashed it and broke his wrist. He was driving like a jackwagon and i didn't put it on my insurance. He paid for his medical and paid for parts for my ATV which I repaired myself. In the end, no more friends and just a lot of grief on both parties.
I hope this was really a thread to have some fun. Nobody in their right mind would lend a bike to a total stranger.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I said, I knew it was a long shot, but figured id ask anyway! Thanks for being polite about it.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
If a mature individual came to me asking to ride my bike, and they were offering me $400 for two days, you're damn right id let them, why not? I guess brotherhood means nothing to you.
"Brotherhood" means plenty to me but you're a complete stranger? You can't possibly think that just because we both ride motorcycles that means I'll let you ride my bike for $200.

I'll wave at you as you ride by, shoot the shit with you and generally be a good person towards you due to the "brotherhood" of motorcycles. Thats as far as that goes.

I'm not sure about insurance down there but up here they wouldn't cover the bike if I lent it to someone under 25 without insurance and they wrecked it. Even if they did cover it OR you provided a deposit high enough to cover the value of the bike I still wouldn't let a complete stranger ride it because I'd have to deal with the enormous hassle of replacing it/filing insurance claim/filing a lawsuit in the event something happened. :dunno The risks far outweigh the $200.

If you were a good friend, over 25, had insurance and I knew your riding ability I'd let you ride it for free. But then you'd be part of my "Brotherhood" :rolleyes

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
"Brotherhood" means plenty to me but you're a complete stranger? You can't possibly think that just because we both ride motorcycles that means I'll let you ride my bike for $200.

I'll wave at you as you ride by, shoot the shit with you and generally be a good person towards you due to the "brotherhood" of motorcycles. Thats as far as that goes.

I'm not sure about insurance down there but up here they wouldn't cover the bike if I lent it to someone under 25 without insurance and they wrecked it. Even if they did cover it OR you provided a deposit high enough to cover the value of the bike I still wouldn't let a complete stranger ride it because I'd have to deal with the enormous hassle of replacing it/filing insurance claim/filing a lawsuit in the event something happened. :dunno The risks far outweigh the $200.

If you were a good friend, over 25, had insurance and I knew your riding ability I'd let you ride it for free. But then you'd be part of my "Brotherhood" :rolleyes
+1 I don't even know you through the internet. You've only posted 37 times I've never even had a dialogue with you and you want a bike to thrash for 200 bucks . I can't even replace a tire for 200 bucks. There have only been two people who have ridden my bike and one of them was my brother the other one I've known for 20 plus years. Those are part of my brotherhood and I didn't see your name on the list but I might buy you a beer in the name of brotherhood.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts