Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a spacer of some kind that i dont know where it goes, i dont even know if it came off the front or the rear OEM assembly diagrams arnt very detail in picture and got confused trying to understand them so here i am asking. Any help as to where it goes is appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have that, i have three years of schooling in mechanical engineering and the way this is setup is hard to understand. I thought that as well but i never had that part of the wheel apart i dont think, better go check.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i i got it, its the piece that goes behind/in the mount for the sprocket. I looked at the diagram for about 15 minutes and it clicked.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hopefully, you didn't torque down the axle nut before noticing the extra spacer. If you had, you'd have destroyed the sprocket carrier bearing.

Not that I'd know anything about that! :angry

·
Registered
41 Posts
When did you notice the extra part?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just figured I was more efficient than the factory when I had any parts left over. :rolleyes
If you feel or hear a rumble when you spin your rear wheel, you will know your bearing is stuffed.

·
Registered
279 Posts
In my case the rear wheel would not spin by hand while on a stand. You can see how the outer spacer contacts the sprocket bearing's inner ring. The inner spacer bridges the gap between the two bearings.

When I left the spacer out, there was enough pressure on the inner ring of that sprocket bearing to lock it up solid.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well mine apparently didnt get damaged, no noise, no rumble, and spins freely. Thank god.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
162 Posts
OMG!!!

you have rubber gloves on ????

what ever happen to dirty finger nails and black tape on the fingers?

Sorry.........................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts