Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im leaking fuel around petcock on/off knob when i turn it to on i can see it dripping .... any one know how to fix it

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
disassemble and examine it. Without looking at it I would say to just replace it. I had to cut off the ends of my fuel lines b/c they were rotted from the ethanol. Do you know whether its leaking from one of the hoses or the valve itself?

·
Registered
674 Posts
There are two o-rings for the fuel tap assembly. One is behind the switch (part 92055-1419) and one is between the assembly and tank (part 92055-1112)

The parts are cheap and taking the fuel tap off is fairly easy. If your sure that something in the fuel tap is leaking just reubild it.

And while your at it, consider Ninja92's advice. The fuel lines rot pretty easily especially if the bike has been sitting for a while.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
There are two o-rings for the fuel tap assembly. One is behind the switch (part 92055-1419) and one is between the assembly and tank (part 92055-1112)

The parts are cheap and taking the fuel tap off is fairly easy. If your sure that something in the fuel tap is leaking just reubild it.

And while your at it, consider Ninja92's advice. The fuel lines rot pretty easily especially if the bike has been sitting for a while.
Rebuilding it is the most cost effective option. That is if you are comfortable taking it apart and putting it back together. I would purchase both of these and in the meantime, switch the valve to the OFF position when not in use

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
It's not hard to do these either on our H models. There is a "mad face" looking diverter seal and an O-Ring that goes on the switch itself. That O-ring is usually the part that failed to cause a leak. Another thing is there is a tension spring in there that seals the switch to the diverter seal. Sometimes if the o-ring is in good shape you can rebend the spring to create more tension to aid in sealing. Had to do it to mine and it's been working good for 6 months so far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going to call local kawi dealer this morning to see if they have one in stock if not i will order rebuild kit for it

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
going to call local kawi dealer this morning to see if they have one in stock if not i will order rebuild kit for it
dealer's are expensive for anything. Use something like cheapcycleparts.com. Idk the current reasonable trustworthy site for oem part replacement.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Or find a local bike shop that isnt a dealer.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
f*ck that sucks! at least get the part name&number so you can order it yourself

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts