Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone pursued changing out the head lamps for brighter ones or added secondaries such as PIAs?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have looked into it, but due to work commitments etc at the moment I have not had a chance to evaluate the lights afterdark, If they need any assistance in the first place I will install PIAA H4 Replacement bulbs at about £40 (uk pound) a piece, claim to give 105/110w for 60/65w current usage, if that doesn't rock my boat I will look into additional lamps, perhaps to fit under the nose section, but whatever I do not wish to spoil the lines of the GTR.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a bi-xenon hid kit on its way. Hopefully I will have a write up sometime around 8/18.

If I was going to stay with halogens I would just pickup Sylvania Silverstars. I'm not a fan of the PIAA's and side by side I couldn't see a differnce from the Silverstars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Could you give us the link for the kit and let us know how it works and how the install is thanks.

Daka
I will do a write up and post it for everyone. This won't be a mod for everyone because it isn't as cheap as a pair of halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did upgrade to a pair of 80/100W bulbs that are feed by a combo relay/modulator from http://www.comagination.com/relay-kit-headlight-modulator.htm model AioDR20H4
I connected it directly to the battery and ran the wire on the right side of the bike. I found it easier to remove the right tupperware and windshield to install everything. I tye-wrap the main unit behind the dashboard. As for the daylight sensor I mounted it facing the sky between the main kipass switch and the front break line.

I have been using the same setup on my old concours with excellent results. This is truly a plug and play setup. The only inconvenience is the passing switch that no longer activate the high beam. But great night lighting combined with excellent daytime visibility.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Reaper, Can you post a link to the PIAA H4 bulbs you mentioned. Sounds like they may do the trick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reaper, Can you post a link to the PIAA H4 bulbs you mentioned. Sounds like they may do the trick.
Another option is the Sylvania Silverstars. I had 1 PIAA and 1 Silverstar on my RC51 and you can't tell them apart. Well other than the price of the PIAA being more than twice the Silverstar.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Of Course I can, More information can be found here :-

http://piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

Price in the UK is about £41 per bulb (from MandP.com)
As for silverstars they sound interesting, just not seen them in the UK.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got a call from home saying my H4 high/low HID kit arrived.

Hopefully I can have something posted up this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts