Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Who will win MotoGP in Laguna for 2007?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laguna Seca is home of the next MotoGP race...who do you expect/predict to win the USGP?

·
Registered
462 Posts
ok. let's get one thing straight. i. love. rossi. he's great! his technique is as near to perfect as is humanly possible. we should only wish to be half as good as he is. 7 world titles. that's incredible. once he's warmed up it's over. 46 IS A LEGEND. but! there are many straights at laguna seca where stoner can, and will i'm sure, once again demonstrate the straight line performance of the ducati's. rossi's a god, but he can't make a slower bike beat a faster one. it's impossible. those riders are on top of it and bike performance does actually matter in that class, the ultimate class that moto gp is.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't think it will be any of the mentioned names. My vote is for Capirossi !! Why??

Rossi has demonstrated in the last couple of races, except the one, that if he has to mix it up with the guys, and when he is under pressure, like he definately is this year, he faults and can't handle the pressure!!!

Stoner is now so far ahead and only has to ride for points and it is very clear that he is now only interested in winning the championship and not the races! He will be there or thereabout, but I doubt that he will win.

Hayden is under too much pressure to win and is going to fall!!!

Edwards has seen better days and I doubt if he will ever win again!

Pedrosa is only good on smooth flowing tracks and not on anything like Laguna

Capirossi is going to take it!!!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
You guys kidding me?!?! Did you see the race last week? Hayden started in 14th position, and ended up taking 3rd!!! Also, if you caught the post race interview, he cracked his exhaust and fell back a couple slots after the 4th lap as well.

Hayden is back in his game, and its a shame that its just too late to hold his title again. He placed 3rd for the 4th consecutive year in a row in Germany. He placed 3rd the race before. He won the last two years at Laguna Seca, and he's going to take it this year again. It's all him.

Here's my theory:
1) Hayden
2) Rossi
3) Pedrosa
4) Stoner
5) Vermuelen
6) Edwards
7) Capirossi
8) Melandri
10) Barros
11) West
12) K. Roberts
13) Checa
14) K. Roberts Jr.
15) Guintoli
16) Hoffman
17) Duhamel

de Puniet - Crash out
Nakano - Crash out
Tamada - Engine explode
Elias - Injured

On a side note, Indianapolis was added to the circuit for next season.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Next season I'm placing my bets on Hayden, Pedrosa and West.

·
Registered
200 Posts
ooooh, good thread.

it is hard to go against the doctor, bbbbbuuuuutttttttttt, i am.

pedrosa

i always pull for the green, but randy isn't the one and west is too inexperienced, but a very good rider. hopefully we can get a contender in there in the near future, but it's hard when you only have two riders riding kawis in the field.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You guys kidding me?!?! Did you see the race last week? Hayden started in 14th position, and ended up taking 3rd!!! Also, if you caught the post race interview, he cracked his exhaust and fell back a couple slots after the 4th lap as well.
Hayden has shitty qualifiers and some good race rubber. It's that way with the current Bridgestone and Michelin rubber being used. Anyways, I can't wait to see how far off you are! ... not that i can do any better! :lol

We should start a fantasy GP league! That's be freakin sweet! No money though, I'm poor! We could have some kindof reward on the board you know? Like under your name and "rank" would be your place in the betting. Let me demonstrate...

Oldgreenmachine
#1 fantasy league predictions!
:lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
Still, it would be fun to form our own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see Hayden pull it off!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, actually, it's cool to see him running in this race. Also, Vermuelen is going to be racing green next season as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
cant wait to see wht happens, anyone heard about the gp race and indy next year. i was looking and am not sure if its a full moto gp race or the rookie series

·
Registered
462 Posts
ok. let's get one thing straight. i. love. rossi. he's great! his technique is as near to perfect as is humanly possible. we should only wish to be half as good as he is. 7 world titles. that's incredible. once he's warmed up it's over. 46 IS A LEGEND. but! there are many straights at laguna seca where stoner can, and will i'm sure, once again demonstrate the straight line performance of the ducati's. rossi's a god, but he can't make a slower bike beat a faster one. it's impossible. those riders are on top of it and bike performance does actually matter in that class, the ultimate class that moto gp is.
that's right. i'm psychic.

·
Registered
366 Posts
GRRRR!!! How do I count the ways of my fustration towards Nicky Hayden? GRRRRR!!!!!

The plusses though...
- Roger Lee kicked butt
- West has been steadily climbing
- de Puniet didn't crash
- Vermuelen, who will be racing green next year, placed second

1 - 20 of 20 Posts