Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my kawee. unfortunately this is when he was sick.

it is from the seller before he deleted the post after i bought him. will post more as the mods go in :smile

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pigspotters are ok. don't want to talk down on the product. cause the look is very aggressive which is a plus. but, for pratical useage they are NOT. i would recommend going without mirrors if pigspotters are a consideration. i'll try to get some pics out of the mirrors as i'm sitting on the bike. then of the parts and how the fitting is.

i'm seriouslly considering these instead http://www.oppracing.com/products.php?action=show_images&id=720

the only down side is the mount doesn't come to match. looks like they use the stock mount.

here is a list for other makes http://www.oppracing.com/products.php?id=57

then the dealer main page http://www.oppracing.com/

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
here are the pics of the pigspotters if anyone is interested. as mentioned the fit is not flushed with the uppers. i think it may be due to the position of the mounts hidden under the mirror. i haven't really messed with them all that much just refasten the mirrors. as the previous owner did not do such a nice job of mounting the mirrors.

Top View, alls good from this view, mirrors fit and finish look great!

Rider View, camera wasn't all that great, just wanted to give the view of the mirrors.

Left Side View, you can almost see the mount under the mirror, the screw that fastens the mirror to the mount is visible.

Right Side View, this one you can really see the mount that is hidden under the mirror as well as the screw stay.

forgot to mention, the screw that secures the mirrors drills into the mount.

hope the information helps out anyone considering pigspotters. i'd sell mine but, they are scratched up. i guess the previous owner was having issues with them falling off or blowing off, lol. i'd sell them to anyone interested but, i'm in hawaii, heheh

01/20/2007

just wanted to post up the pig spotters unmounted for anyone interested.

first up is the complete pig spotter package, mirrors, mounting brackets, mounting screws, mount secure screws

the mounting brackets, mounting screws, mount secure screws

the pig spotter mirrors upclose unmounted

also, if anyone is considering pig spotters. be aware that the mirrors when mounted will pit and scratch the fairings. this will happen if the mirrors are not mounted flush with your fairings. i found this out after i removed the mirrors from the bike. to avoid this recommend foam tape or gasket tape. i couldn't locate any locally and online only sells them in bulk by rolls.

moving on now, i bought the lightech mirrors i mentioned in my previous post. have to say, the finish and look is very well done. the mirrors also come with a fancy cloth. here are some pics of the lightech mirrors. the mirrors are made in europe as the instructions were not in english.

mirror assembly instructions

the mirrors are smaller then stock mirrors. larger then pig spotters here is a close up of the mirrors in the package

the screws and brackets for the mirrors. on the very bottom is that fancy cloth

the mirrors connect to what i call the tension base. for when the screws are tighted the mirror becomes very hard to postion while the mirror is unmounted. here is a close up of the mirror and the tension base. what is recommended is just to secure the mirror to the tension base. so once the mirrors are mounted to the bike. the tension screws can be tighten. don't advise tighten the screws to much or the mirrors can't be moved to position

here is the tension screws that secure the mirror to the tension base on the fancy cloth

pic of the tension base and mounting bracket

once the mirror were fitted to the tension base just need to fasten to the mounting bracket onto the bike. the mirrors were mounted later just wanted to show the mirrors attached to the tension base and the bracket base

mirrors on tension brackets attached to the mounting bracket

here are the mirrors assembled and ready to mount

here are the mirrors mounted, along with my new zero gravity fluorescent green windscreen :lol

here are the stock mirrors, to compare the size to the lightech mirrors. the stock mirrors were position low along the fairings

will have to see how the lightech holds up on the ride. will post back on if the lightech mirrors hold up or not. the lightech mirrors have more of a viewing area then the pig spotters. but, i really like the aggressive look of the pig spotters. personally, the decision is still out with me i don't know which one i like better. pig spotters or lightech, really don't like the stock mirrors :evil

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn dude, posted enough pics?!?! thought you was gonna send the pics to me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts