Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all.
The bike is a 99 zx7r.
Slip on d+d
K&N air filter.
170/180 jets with 35 pilots.
1 shim under needle.
Screws at 1 3/4 out.
I have the bike apart right now while waiting for a shim kit. While its there I'm considering doing the Kleen air / float bowl mod. My question is will this require smaller jets?
I have gotten tons of info from this and other forums and this mod has mixed reviews. Is it even worth doing?
Thanks in advance.

I know is says Kleenex mod. I couldn't figure out how to edit topic. Sorry

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
hi
first a disclaimer I am only getting the full system in a week and haven't touched anything other yet. however, as far as said on this forum, the kleen air mod has nothing to do with the carbs or air/fuel mixture for obvious reasons,but the float valve does, and will require smaller jets.

I do want to ask you what shims are you using for the carb needles?
I am gonna get a similar setup and need a starting point until I get a jetting kit.

Thanks,
Avi

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I do want to ask you what shims are you using for the carb needles?
I am gonna get a similar setup and need a starting point until I get a jetting kit.

Thanks,
Avi
$0.59/set of 4 fiber washers @ Home Depot in their specialty drawers. Splurge and get two bags. You can afford it. ZXF Thread <here>

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Morning all.
The bike is a 99 zx7r.
Slip on d+d
K&N air filter.
170/180 jets with 35 pilots.
1 shim under needle.
Screws at 1 3/4 out.
I have the bike apart right now while waiting for a shim kit. While its there I'm considering doing the Kleen air / float bowl mod. My question is will this require smaller jets?
I have gotten tons of info from this and other forums and this mod has mixed reviews. Is it even worth doing?
Thanks in advance.

I know is says Kleenex mod. I couldn't figure out how to edit topic. Sorry

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Is it worth it? Sure, it doesn't cost anything and takes minutes to do. You save a bit of weight/clutter and pressurizes the bowls properly. It isn't done as a performance mod that will yield H/P. You will not need to re-jet as a result of the mod either.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Probably will not be required. Also depends on where the floats are set now?? Usually the fuel screws are somewhere around 2 turns so you are in the ballpark. Do the mod and then see how it runs/feels. You may need to fine tune the settings.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Float height should be around 14-15mm or so. I actually set the fuel levels myself so my floats end up 15-16mm. Most guys seem to set float heights, I just have always used the fuel level method for accuracy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts