Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my ZX-14 at the King of the Hill drag races Saturday nite.There were 145 entrys including bike's,cars and sled's.I managed to make the final 4 where I was offered a bi to the final wich I didn't take because the other competor was just changing an oil filter so I wanted to give him time.Then I red lit.Oh well it was still great fun to get that far considering I had never bracket raced before. Best time was 10.31 @138mph.

·
Registered
462 Posts
What's a good ET for a 14? Stock? Tires? Slight mods? I really haven't been paying to much attention to them (not my thing!) but I know 10.3 is fast regardless. Running a 10.3 at 140 means those 14's must have a phenomenal top end eh!?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
low 10's is typical for a non pro rider from what Ive been seeing some high 9's for the likes of Gadson and a select few pro's it seems to be the first 60 feet that makes the diff. (big shocker) but the 14 is easy to launch for the average rider and builds as the rpm's go up and hits hard after 7000 when you've settled in and hooked up.:rofl

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the flies out, the pipe and the commander this bike makes awesome power right out of the gate and dispite common belief it is a bitch to launch.You can ride the bag off the clutch but the solution is swingarm extensions.From my second gear shift I carried a power wheelie to the end of the 1/4 and still ran a 10.50 @ 136mph. All my runs are good, just that some are good for me and some are good for the crowd watching. Hell, thats what I'm all about anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts