Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, first time I've seen these.... they are from Europe, and the definitely kick ass!!!

THe 2nd vid is the killer one for me, for several reasons:

1) It shows the new LDL "Tire Watch" wireless air pressure sensor as standard equipment
2) For the first time (to my knowledge), it alludes to the nature of the Variable Valve Timing, and happily enough, it does NOT look anything like that stupid-ass VTEC from Honda, rather, it appears to change (advance/retard) both camshafts via this interesting flywheel-looking mechanism on the end of the cam. :thumbup
3) Shows the electric windscreen motor layout... looks like screen is move by flexible cables!
4) Shows detailed animations of the tera-lever shaft drive

Enjoy, dudes... this vids are extremely polished and refined; it probably took some Flash developers a man-year of development time! :lol

Video 1 - KIPASS ECU system
Video 2 - Electric windscreen - VVT - Shaft Drive

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's kinda cool. I wasn't too fond of the big sport rec looking bike, but that video makes me wanna take one for a ride. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Warchild:

Second video is definitely kick butt. Your right, the VVT is not the Honda VTech. Also, if the video reflects the engine, the VVT is only on the intake camshaft. From looking at earlier pictures from the various bike shows, the VVT operates like I thought it would. Pressurized engine oil controlled by a solenoid operated valve taking info from the ECM would either rotate the cam or move it horizontally. (3D cam profile) It appears the cam is rotated to change the timing. Pretty slick. I believe the C-14 will be a kick ass bike!

·
Registered
138 Posts
fancy ride! would have been really impressed the system refilled the air in the tire :smile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts