Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I lost my one key for my '94 ZX9R before I got around to having spares made. Locksmith says if I can bring one of the locks off my bike to them they can make me a key for $40... so my question is, is it possible to remove the gas cap or the seat lock without having the key? I'd rather not have to dish out the extra $100 for the locksmith to come to my house. Or would my dealer be able to cut me a key from the VIN for something that old?

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Ok so I lost my one key for my '94 ZX9R before I got around to having spares made. Locksmith says if I can bring one of the locks off my bike to them they can make me a key for $40... so my question is, is it possible to remove the gas cap or the seat lock without having the key? I'd rather not have to dish out the extra $100 for the locksmith to come to my house. Or would my dealer be able to cut me a key from the VIN for something that old?
Take the top triple clamp off and take the ignition to him that way. The other two don't use all the cuts on the key. Kawasaki doesn't cut keys by the VIN number so you're s.o.l. there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts