Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so i recently bought a 2004 zx10r love the bike... fastest one i have ever owned well the bike came with just a grey kawa key but it is kind of twisted can i just order a zx10 key and have it cut i have read about a red key but mine only came with with the grey one someone please help i have only ever messed with yamaha r1s let me know asap

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dunno if you can order the key. A competent lock-smith should be able to help, although copies are never as good as the original.

If it was me I would search E-Bay or here on the forums for a ignition, cap and helmet lock. People are always doing part outs. I have had to go this route several times in the past. You may be able to use a different set-up from a different model such as a ZX6R, etc. Ditch the stock gas cap for a cleaner look and that is one less hassle there. The helmet lock is just a cable.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Get a couple of blank keys off Fleabay and have your original copied. Any good hardware store should be able to cut new keys using the old one as an example. Then you can throw the twisted one away before it breaks. Don't forget to shoot some lube in the lock cylinders so they work smoothly and don't bind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts