Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at the tuner now and with the jeffo map it made 165HP and 98TQ and afr was all over the place and was even in the high 16.1 a few times. Ill post pics of both later when i get home alot with a video. But almost done with new map.
Current mods
PCV
BMC filter
Full two brothers exaust

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
You sound disappointed. Are you dyno tuning it because the Jeffo map makes the bike sluggish and unresponsive?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what a difference!! 13.2 across the board AFR and super smooth all rpms now plus better mpg so far lol. But final number are 170 HP and 101 TQ. Ill upload the video later. But stoped at my dealer ship on the way home about the valve noise i was hearing and now its there for the rest of the day getting looking at. It was getting louder though :( hope its nothing major.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
ran jeffo for a while. i was never happy with not knowing exactly how she is/was running. guessing isn't my thing. and it was definitely better than stock and for the money o yeah, but getting her dyno tuned was the best thing i have done. she is super snappy now, i mean some times i hit the throttle and she feels like i am lined up on the qtr mile getting ready to take off and she does leave ridiculous everytime. she even sounds tighter. it is hard to explain, but she just feels right. they were able to get a bunch more torque from the tune.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it felt so good for the ride home and so much more responsive. Best 240 spent on it yet!!! Trying to upload the video to youtube now just biggg file as my razr records full hd lol but its nice quality!

·
Registered
135 Posts
A good custom map is always the best way to go. My map is set for all my mods. Reworked head, stainless valves, milled to raise compression to 13.2 to 1. The bike is a little sluggish under 3k RPM but it's not due to the fuel. It's due to the 47mm throttle bodies. Mine are bored out from the stock 44mm and I lose a little velocity thru them at low RPM range. Over 3k....HANG ON!!!

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Well what a difference!! 13.2 across the board AFR and super smooth all rpms now plus better mpg so far lol...
AFR at 13.2:1 across the board, better MPG and more power? That's awesome!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry trying to get the video uploaded to youtube just need a wifi network lol because its such a hi res video. And iv tryed posting pics but it keeps saying either to big or no permision??? The pic is under the alowed size so idk why its not letting me ill just trying using photobucket.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry trying to get the video uploaded to youtube just need a wifi network lol because its such a hi res video. And iv tryed posting pics but it keeps saying either to big or no permision??? The pic is under the alowed size so idk why its not letting me ill just trying using photobucket.

Yeah, you have to use photobucket or else it doesn't let you upload pics.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here is the video I hope the link works.
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/cgarray17/2012-04-02_10-25-19_550.mp4

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ya it felt so good for the ride home and so much more responsive. Best 240 spent on it yet!!! Trying to upload the video to youtube now just biggg file as my razr records full hd lol but its nice quality!

do you race?could you really tell the difference?was it worth $240 more for 5 hp?you said your bike was ticking after the tune.how many runs did it take to get that 5 hp?could you have possibly damaged your motor with the dyno runs?i have a 09 with the exact same setup as you with a jeffo tune.have had it since 2010.bike runs smooth and strong.i never went for a custom tune because the bike is super fast as is now and I did not want to spend the extra $250 on 5hp or possible motor damage with multiple dyno runs.that is my view of it,but others have different opinions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts