Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning everyone I found for my zx7r some keihin 41 fcr that were mounted on a zx9 before buying them I wanted to have advice on the shopping to be done to be able to mount them on my zx7r, to change the distance and to move the cables from the center to the right etc . I'm waiting thanks in advance

·
6,877 Posts
So you have GPZ900R carburetors if it has a center throttle plate. There is no kit for this, you would have to make the spacers, tubes, etc., and buy a throttle plate and rod from Sudco. It's cost and time prohibitive.

What year ZX7R?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I carburatori sono di una zx9r non gpz900r ho la possibilità di prendere anche keihin 41 montati su cbr 900 ma i lavori sono gli stessi

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,477 Posts
Post some pictures of the carburetors
Is that a C model zx9? Idk if the spacing would be the same as the P model zx7r

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These photos are of those mounted on cbr 900, the photos of those on zx9r I do not have them, but apart from the distance between the centers they have both cables in the center.
I contacted Sudco to find out how much it would cost me to move the cables but they told me they can't have it as keihin japan supplies at least 20 units and they have no requests to place an order of 20

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also found some keihin 41 from you in USA but these also have central cables. Has any of you ever made a change like this, because the person who sent them sent me some photos and for example the petrol pump is on the right, I upload the photos the price is good

Attachments

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You would honestly need to find out the spacing between the centers of the carbs and cross reference that to the spacing between the P model zx7r. Your 7 carbs should have a similar spacing and the butterfly valve actuator (where the send/return throttle cables are installed to the carb) should be in the same place. You shouldn't have to move the throttle cables from the center of the carbs to the right hand side of the carbs for it to work. Only thing that is unknown is the carb spacing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
measured center-to-center distance of mounted carburetors my zx7r. carb 1/2 78 mm 0.307 inch; 2/3 88 mm 0.346 inch; 3/4 78 mm 0.307 inch. I ask the seller away and we update

·
6,877 Posts
That is barely off P model spacing. If you use a race airbox maybe you could figure out how to route the cables?

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Just wondering your reasons for moving the cables from the centre to the RHS? Is there another reason for this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
si mi chiedo perchè vedo che ci sono adattatori air box di serie a questo punto moto gli adattatori e i cavi rimangono centrali...giusto

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
That is barely off P model spacing. If you use a race airbox maybe you could figure out how to route the cables?
What is the P model spacing?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts