Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am looking for the best way to keep somebody from snipping and hotwire'n the wires on my bike. I have been lookin all over, Maybe some stainless steel wrap for them? or the shit that they use for the radiator wires on cars? Post up what you have done or your ideas...

·
Registered
51 Posts
insurance???if someone wants it, theyl take it. bikes are never hotwired,just thrown in the back of a van or truck.even if they do start it, and break the streering lock,their not going anywhere if you have a disklock.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I never leave my bike anywhere. If I'm not on it then its within sight. I know a lot of people who have had their bike snatched and it happens in an instant. Non-descript van rolls up, 2 guys jump out, doesn't matter if the front end is locked and disc locked, they lift the front off the ground, drag it into the van, and are gone in seconds. Even when my bikes are in storage I take a heavy duty cable and run it through the wheels and lock them all together. I also try not to advertise my stuff. No loud revving or jackass manuevers in my own neighborhood. Gotta keep an eye on your shit, cuz odds are someone else is.
T

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oh yeah, another thing. I always take the plate off at the race track. My dad insists that people will run your plate, find out where you live, and take your bike in the middle of the night. I always figured they could just run my truck plate, but I still never race with the plate and never take any pics with the plate.
T

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get the HJC Chatterbox alarm easy to install and it kills the bikes power so no one could even hotwire it and it is only about $65 on ebay or other internet websites. I had my alarm on and started the bike with the key in the ignition and the bike started but immedatily died when the alarm kicked in. This alarm is pretty cool.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Scorpio alarm
very loud, ignition kill, motion sensor, perimeter sensor, 2 way receiver.

also a Xena disc brake lock with alarm in the front disk.

Follow that up with an angry owner totin' a 9mm.

:pistols

·
Registered
317 Posts
from the car forums people have installed such device where i can set it so that it can't go over certain RPM..something like a fuel cut.
people do this when they leave their cars at a shop, just incase the people take their car for a joy ride.

is there such thing for bikes as well? just wondering.

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^^ thats really cool and a good idea.i know people who have had their bike taken out for a 100+ km joy ride.whats the name of this device???

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know in auto circles you can get chips for the computer with multiple settings. Some have a setting called 'valet' so when you let some schmuck park your car it will only do like 15 mph.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1, and alarm

·
Registered
165 Posts
Scorpio alarm
very loud, ignition kill, motion sensor, perimeter sensor, 2 way receiver.

also a Xena disc brake lock with alarm in the front disk.

Follow that up with an angry owner totin' a 9mm.

:pistols
+1 on the scorpio alarm n xena disc lock

LOL @ 9mm

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know my friends Jetta has a special valet key where it will only work in ignition and wont open the trunk, and a lot of other things i don't remember, i doubt it has any rpm/speed limits but that'd be cool.

·
Registered
317 Posts
so it turns out...for cars, it works only on AFTER MARKET ecu's such as A'PEXi with the Power FC (this info is based on Mazda RX-7 FD3S).

it'd be cool if we can do this to our bikes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The only thing that i dont like about the whole alarm thing on a bike is they have to wire the thing into your ignition on your bike. Say they make a little mistake some place while doing so, then you ride and your loving life in the middle of a fast corner and then you got no RPM and power and you bin it. I just let the factory stuff and ins do what they are there for. Plus, no alarm stops them taking the bike away anyway.

Well just my input :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Another option is a GPS tracking devise. You can get very small ones now (smaller than a cell phone) that won't prevent theft but are great at recovering your property & nailing the perps. Cost can add up though as there's usually a monthly or annual monitoring fee involved. Great peace of mind though as you can dial up your bike's location on your computer or call in from your phone & find out exactly where your ride is at - anytime; day or night. Cops are using them in stings to bust up theft rings for cars & bikes :mfclap

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want the scorpion alarm with the 2 way receiver thats a great idea. But I do want to put the steel sheeting around the ignition wires or something like that. I dont really let me bike out of sight and when I do I have a caliper lock, but I dont want any chance of my baby being takin.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
so you guys are saying you'd rather get your bikes towed away parking in a place where you're not suppose to be?

cus i work at a school...and i have to park my bike 5-walking minutes away cus one time i parked right in front of my work the campus police warned me and said my bike will be towed away if i park there again...

·
Registered
275 Posts
you could install a fuel valve on/off, fairly hidden and no one would look for that on a new sport bike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts