Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool, I thought that was the direction they would end up going, less HP at high rpm with a corresponding bump in low/mid range TQ and so better acceleration and ridability off of the corners.

Looks like we're gonna have 4's acting like twins of old and the twins being the new 4's. I do recall clearly how that all worked out for Ducati back then:grin2: for like over a decade...

Now what'll be next- a remote, official-activated drag chute tucked into his D-Air leathers? You know, for fairness and all. Time will tell, but here's the current state of the union:

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/891983/1/sykes-kawasaki-power-delivery-tweaks-will-combat-2018-rules-thailand#comments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Cool, I thought that was the direction they would end up going, less HP at high rpm with a corresponding bump in low/mid range TQ and so better acceleration and ridability off of the corners.

Looks like we're gonna have 4's acting like twins of old and the twins being the new 4's. I do recall clearly how that all worked out for Ducati back then:grin2: for like over a decade...

Now what'll be next- a remote, official-activated drag chute tucked into his D-Air leathers? You know, for fairness and all. Time will tell, but here's the current state of the union:

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/891983/1/sykes-kawasaki-power-delivery-tweaks-will-combat-2018-rules-thailand#comments
Everyone gets a participant ribbon.
I look at it as if Kawi gets nipped at the line, they really won anyway.
How can other manufactures be proud of the places they get when the best bikes get handicapped.
Eh.
We all know who the best is.

Maybe they need a wsbk redbull cup like the young pups have. Hehe

Sent from the ol BB Dtek50 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Seems really lame to me.. You are going to limit the top manfacturer, winner ;
because the others over the past few years haven't put out a dominating product so they can play catch up...

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Just like back when Ducati had advantages thrown their way because they could not compete. Weight advantage, displacement advantage...
Build a bike to compete or sit out the series!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I guess we"ll be seeing lots more Ducs, Suzzis, and Yami's out on the streets.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
The Duc is good,, when it finishes the race 2 wheels up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts