Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i decided to paint the logos on my Michelin PP 2CT's.
I used Dupli-Color grabber/lime green spray paint,but i used a sharpy marker to apply it.What i did was, i removed the tip and ink cartridge of the sharpy marker,then dehydrated them,then put them back in the market tube and filled it back up with the Kawi green paint.Dupli-Color makes Hot Tire paint pens,but only in red,yellow and white,so i had to make a custom pen for this color.
What a tedious mind fuck of a job,very time consuming.But here she is and all went smooth and looks awesome.Just another add on to rep KAWASAKI.
Pics dont quite do the justice but check em out.

Before

After

"Kawasaki or nothing"

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did that once in white on the factory tires on my 09 it looks nice and I liked it but one heat cycle and the paint starts to crack and flakes off... I ended up taking a stiff bristle brush to the rest of it to get it off .... in the end I loved the look but the effort that went into it was wasted .....

But it looks good :)

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks EZ muffin.Was going for the race look obviously.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did that once in white on the factory tires on my 09 it looks nice and I liked it but one heat cycle and the paint starts to crack and flakes off... I ended up taking a stiff bristle brush to the rest of it to get it off .... in the end I loved the look but the effort that went into it was wasted .....

But it looks good :)
Thanks bud
I figured it would be just road debris that would make it come off if it was to come off.Known a few guy who did it years ago.You must make sure that ur tires are free of dirt,grease and wax.The paint must be applied to the raw material of the tire,not dirt or wax witch is what prob was on ur tires prior to applying ur paint.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
None the less.It deff was a ton of work for a little bit of satisfaction.Ill never do it again unless its for a show bike that wont be driven ever and will have the same tires on it for a very long time.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will it hold up like the tire paint you think?
Not 100% sure.But its enamel paint and i used wax/grease remover before applying it for im sure its got a decent bite to the tire but how long i dont know.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They look sweet. I got about 1500 miles on my pp2ct's and they feel more grippy. Haven't tracked them yet as its been too cold of course. Riding thru winter thou and in temps from 38-60 degrees they feel solid for me. I've leaned the bike enough to use everything but the last 10% ish of the tire. But on the street I prob won't need to get that low

·
Registered
218 Posts
here is what it looked like on mine *crappy cell phone pic*

also feel free to poke fun at my chicken stripes as I was still trying to get over just having totaled out a r6 a week earlier

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She looked good!
I bet ur neighbors just love that little pipe+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts