Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is for the following Ninja 750's:

The Kawasaki ZX-7R Ninja was from 1991 to 2003.

The Kawaski ZX-7RR Ninja was only produced in 1996.

The Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja was from 1989 to 1999.

The Kawasaki 750R Ninja was from 1983 to 1990.

·
Registered
6 Posts
does anyone on this forem every run thier bike naked (like a street fighter) or
is it a purist thing here with fairings and all. Not that I have anything against a dressed bike just was wondering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have no choice but to run mine naked because i cant find any new cowls. so if know where i can find any oem style fairings please e-mail them to me thanks...

·
Registered
18 Posts
AIR_TECH has all body work for all of our BADASS zx7's. I run all bodywork and love it. The old styling was unique and rare, love it!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I/m looking for a complete fork assembly from a ZX7R or RR, including upper and lower clamps. Anybody got a set for sale or know where I can one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to this FORUM and just had a question.

I know that Kawais are known to have a ticking sound coming from the engine, but for some reason the ticking is super loud and I think it's only getting louder. I've talked to a few mechanics and they say it's normal but I'm thinking twice about that. The ticking is so loud that I can hear it on HIGH REVS. Has anyone had this problem?? if so, is it the valves??

I own a 95 ZX7 and a 01 ZX7R. My question is for the 01 ZX7R

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run mine, like I bought it, with only the front fairing and tail fairing, it looks good as a street fighter (1994 zx-7)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Forgive me for asking this NinjaZXNinja...but have you removed the camcover and actually CHECKED clearances? One of the basic rules governing the cosmos is...never operate any kind of machine when suspect sounds/noises are present. Before firing it up again I would STRONGLY urge looking at clearances..cam chain tension too, while your'e at it. Good luck..

·
Registered
21 Posts
does the ticking sound seem to change when the engine is warmed up at all? could be just noisy tappets in need of a good oil change/service

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! for welcoming me to this forum! I just bougth a "90 ZX750H2, kinda basket cased, no body work and a hole in the tank you could put a fist through! Everything else is sound, had a Kawa certified mech check it out, and it was only $400! I'm an Army sergeant in Iraq at this time, should be home in time to start the "08 Prostar season(I race Street class) and SEMDRA, too! Thanks for hosting this and helping me with info, pics & fellow Ninja riders to talk and get info from! See y'all soon, back on the road and the strip! (Oh, and to all of you, THANKS for your support!God Bless!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
does anyone on this forem every run thier bike naked (like a street fighter) or
is it a purist thing here with fairings and all. Not that I have anything against a dressed bike just was wondering.
Hey, I am New to the forum. Whenever, I change the oil. She gets to run in her birthday clothes.

96 ZX7R (Raced CMRA - 98-99).

Cutt

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey all new to the zx forum and just wanted to say hello also a good bodywork website is oppracing.com they have fiberglass and full carbon setups for our bikes .... i have a 2000 zx7r later Jeremy

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know this is a little off topic but maybe someone out there can help me out.
my problem is that my gas tank is leaking from the vent tube. I've already bought a used tank once and it worked well for about 2 months or so and then started leaking again. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or am I that one lucky guy?

PLEASE HELP ME!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
my question is how can i make my bike faster like what jets,intake, and things like that
what are all the proformance parts for my 96 zx7r

·
Registered
436 Posts
k&n air filter, stg 1 jet kit, timing advancer, cut weight, upgrade spark plugs to irridium IX, just look around and you can see massive things to upgrade. If you want to spend some real money the port and polish would do the trick. and gearing will help alot and that doesnt cost to much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a muzzy full exhaust and its getting lowered right now and i was going to order some race jets and over the winter i want to port and polish

1 - 20 of 98 Posts