Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kawasaki oil filter, Kawasaki Part Number 16097-0002, can be found cheaper at local auto stores.

The Normal Size is the same length as the stock oil filter, while the extended size is an inch longer allowing better filtration.

We have done the research, and it's the exact same as:

Normal Size - Bosch 3300
Extended Size - Bosch 3323

And if you dont mind spending a few more dollars for a better oil filter, the next ones you can goto are:

Normal Size - Mobil1 M1-108
Extended Size - Mobil1 M1-110

At quick glance, this oil filter is used on the 2005/2006 ZX-6R/6RR and the 2006 ZX-10R. I havent looked at other Kawasaki motorcycle applications, but as long as your Kawi takes the oil filter that is part number 16097-0002, then this will work perfect, give you a better oil filter, and save you the money the stealership charges for one of these.

·
Registered
23 Posts
does Purolator make one for the 6R?

In my performance car experience (fairly extensive), Purolator makes most domestic OEM filters and has the best filter design... and they're not the most expensive on the market.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check on the Purolator.

Regarding cost on the ones I listed above, the Bosh is about $6.75 and the Motul1 is about $9. Add $1 for the extended versions. The Motul1 filters way better than the $13 OEM one.

And you can get these filters at any Auto Zone or car part place too which makes it convenient.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool... It'll be interesting to see if there is one made, and how much less it costs.

Although, I'm sure Bosch puts out a good product if Purolator isn't in the motorcycle market.

·
Registered
81 Posts
But how small a partical, will the replacement filter, filter?
Just cause its an inch longer, doesnt make it better!
Filter wise. lol

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use a KN-204. It has a nut welded to the top so you can use a regular wrench to take it off and the nut is drilled so you can safety wire it.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Rikkuss said:
I use a KN-204. It has a nut welded to the top so you can use a regular wrench to take it off and the nut is drilled so you can safety wire it.
Now that is cool

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got this off of the Purolator site. They have a cross reference.

BOSCH PREMIUM 3323 = Purolator L14610

It's not a PureOne though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A mind trick. Some how I took all the info posted here about oil filters. Thought it was for 05-06 Zx6r. Off to PepBoys Auto parts we go to find a Purolator L14610. There was some Pure One filters and convertion is plenty straight forward. Purolator L14610 - Pure One PL14610.
Pictured below is the Pure One filter compared to OEM.

Can see it's extended.
Next shows it installed. Looks like it's touching the radiator hose. Actuality there's a 1/4" gap between them.

Ignorance is bliss. It fits A OK, who knew. :squint

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone tried or knows about the stainless steel filter's from scotts?

check it out here:
http://www.scottsperformance.com/products.php?PartType=3
yup i have. have been using it since july of 2003 with no problems whatsoever. warm up time is quicker, you may notice the bike revving easier than before (depending what grade oil you use) and no problems starting at sub-xero degrees with thick oil. every oil change is a breeze. you can take pics of the residue of metals on the magnet and achive them as the ike becomes older. didn;t regret it. i can say it's the best investement any one can make. the filter will last the life of any engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts