Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is for the 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (North America only) and the corresponding ZZR-1400 which is being released in other markets.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Hell yeah ............ this is my new dream bike ................. BRING IT ON:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought one about 2 weeks ago. I have about 570 miles on it and so far I LUV IT!!! I am currently a member of Sportbikes.net and have a writeup over there that I will post here... if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Blue ZX-14 a most excellent ride.

Got mine about 3 weeks ago and its all they have said and then some.
One of the main things I love about the bike is its so much more fun
to ride then you might think and that sells bikes. I think I will go with
the four into one Muzzy carbon fiber. Not sure whats up with the advancers ( Dynojet Power Commander III) << Found Out!
or which one will be the one to have. I have also discovered a very
detailed article that is saying you need to open the bike up alot more
then the factory recommendations. Any info on that or anything new
would be fully appreciated. Fender kits are limited although lockhart
has a nice one you lose your tie down hooks meaning you cant carry
an extra helmet with you hmmmmmmmmmmm not sure about that
one. Basically this bike will go down in history as did my last bike
the Kawasaki 750 turbo. Mine had (Horse Power Unlimited) 810
wiesco,vented regulator,ceramic coated and ported spider pipes
as well as ceramic coated turbo charger,one of very few race chips
that advance the computer to race mode ( more fuel ), pop off valve
on the surge tank,over 20lbs of boost,116 octane Sunoco purple
to avoid engine detination under heavy boost. About 150 hp but
140 ft lbs of tourqe which would twist the frame and wheelie at will
in any of the first 4 gears out of 5. So my point is you can see why I wanted
the ZX-14 so bad it has many of the same qualitys. Its a long heavier
strong bike with a small saddle section which with the technology
is awsomely stabile bike to throw around. Well good luck getting yours
and ride safe. Well a few wheelies are OK lol.

The Vak

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have gotten to ride one a couple miles and thought it was great. almost made me wish I had waited to get a bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked one up 2 weeks ago. Put 500 miles on it in one weekend. I LOVE THIS BIKE!! A friend brought one and let me ride..... I just had to have it. Its the all Black, I think its the best looking one. The two pipes have to go, going for the Muzzy 4 into 1 and a power commander. Was thinking about maybe a ignitor but that may be to over the top for the type of riding I'm doing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just picked mine up 3 weeks ago. From what i can tell ya is that it's on baddass bike in the likes that should have never been sold to the public. Cheerios kawasaki to be back in the game.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Zx-14

I just picked up a 2007 ZX14 I got the Black one. I love it but I only have 200 miles on it and have not been over 4,000RPMs Yet and it is killing me driving this thing Slow. Going to put 600 miles on it next weekend, I will try...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my ZX-14 for about 3 weeks, "Yes' this bike is everything I imagined. I would like to get some new pipes, just not sure what to go with. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've had my ZX-14 for about 3 weeks, "Yes' this bike is everything I imagined. I would like to get some new pipes, just not sure what to go with. Any suggestions??
I upgraded mine to a carbon tri-oval from yoshimura. It emits a very nice growl but seriously, just by upgrading it like that won't tap your bikes full potential. I did one step further my removing the secondary butterflies, added PC3 and custom air filter using K&N filter core. Before undergoing this, my bike was dynoed at around 165rwhp and 98Nm of torque. Now It's up to 195rwhp and 112Nm of torque.

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I upgraded mine to a carbon tri-oval from yoshimura. It emits a very nice growl but seriously, just by upgrading it like that won't tap your bikes full potential. I did one step further my removing the secondary butterflies, added PC3 and custom air filter using K&N filter core. Before undergoing this, my bike was dynoed at around 165rwhp and 98Nm of torque. Now It's up to 195rwhp and 112Nm of torque.

Just my 2 cents....
Just did this same set about a week ago...it doesnt' even feel like the same machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine on 13 March and I've already got about 4k on the odometer. I been bouncing between B'More where I live to Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, DC, and VA. I road to Myrtle from B'More, MD and it took about 10 hours because of my friends R1 which had to stop every 120 miles. I was at a half tank each stop. That baby has some range. It's doing what it's supposed to do. It's so much more manueverable than the Busa. That's not even an understatement. I felt bad about having to peal the paint off my boys Busa. He was so proud of it, and so inconsiderately, I just took him down a couple of notches. I felt bad about that....he was traumitized. Honestly, I have stock pipes and no Power Commander and left him like he was a bully chasing me in the park 3 times. I know what will be on his Christmas list!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm seriously considering in buying the external PCIII display. Performance wise was overwhelming after undergoing the afore mentioned mods but sacrificing fuel economy. Was thinking in storing different mapping just like the new GSXR-1000. Able to toggle between power to economy mapping...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been looking at Power Commanders "Multi-function Hub" which is compatable with all models of Power Commander. It gives the ability to switch between two different maps on the fly. Sounds exactly like what we are looking for. I don't frequent the drag strip with my 14 as I've done other bikes of mine, but should I go to the track again it would be nice to be at peak performance on the fly. The ability to switch back to the fuel efficient map would be a nice feature to have. Here is the link to the details of the Multi-function Hub:
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_multifunction_hub.aspx

1 - 20 of 47 Posts