Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This discussion forum is for the 250cc and 500cc class of Ninjas.

The Kawasaki Ninja 500 was made from 1994 to 1996. Afterwards, it was rebadged as the Ninja 500R from 1997 to present.

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R was from 1986 to present.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thaaaaatz right.then they took the tranny from the zx9r r and a couple body dimensions from the zx7 and now we have the ex500r :werd ninja

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned a 2003 EX250 from Fall '02 till Spring '05. It was my re-entry to riding motorcycles. Though I sold it, It remains my favorite bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question for all you bikers out there. I have always wanted a bike and recently came across a guy who thought I may be interested. He wants to sell me a 2005 Ninja 500, less then 1k miles, never dropped or tipped, and in min condition. Him and his wife bought it for easier traveling during the summer and are now having a baby so he has to get rid of it. My question is should I spring the 3k he wants for it or should I spend a little more and just get the new 250r? A friend told me to go with the new 250R because it at least looks sexy. I was a Navy medic and just finished an enlistment so don't have the money to spring for a new 500 or 600 like I would like. I'm 5'5'', 140 lbs if that helps. I would sure appreciate any information yall can give me:)

·
Registered
714 Posts
get the 08 250r! the base price is a little bit more than what they are asking but the bike is much more "foxier" :lol Since this will be your first bike, a 250 is definitely a good starter bike as well. I plan on buying my wife (if she'll let me) the new 250r.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at a '92 Ninja EX500, and I've just started looking at Ninja's in general. Could anyone give me some advice on any common problems or defects they've noticed for the bikes? I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I actually go see the bike, so if you have tips or suggestions for me I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a question for all you bikers out there. I have always wanted a bike and recently came across a guy who thought I may be interested. He wants to sell me a 2005 Ninja 500, less then 1k miles, never dropped or tipped, and in min condition. Him and his wife bought it for easier traveling during the summer and are now having a baby so he has to get rid of it. My question is should I spring the 3k he wants for it or should I spend a little more and just get the new 250r? A friend told me to go with the new 250R because it at least looks sexy. I was a Navy medic and just finished an enlistment so don't have the money to spring for a new 500 or 600 like I would like. I'm 5'5'', 140 lbs if that helps. I would sure appreciate any information yall can give me:)

well it depends on what kinda riding you intend to be doing, I love my 500, light, sporty, good mpg, and surely not too much to handle, I've been riding for less than a year and i'm ready for somethin bigger, lol, I wouldn't go for the 250, unless your plannin' on avoiding highway riding. i got my '01 ninja for about $2300.. anyway, lemme know what you decide. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was considering a 250r for my first bike somewhere down the road..is this a good choice? also, if i didn't have the opportunity to learn driving a bike before purchase, how would i go about trying to get the foundations to at least get the back home or to a save learning environment?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was considering a 250r for my first bike somewhere down the road..is this a good choice? also, if i didn't have the opportunity to learn driving a bike before purchase, how would i go about trying to get the foundations to at least get the back home or to a save learning environment?

You can take the MSF's Basic Rider's Course. Places will usually have 250's for you to ride on. It's a couple of hours of classroom, and then a day and a half on the bikes, in a parking lot. The coaches that I had were great. They helped whoever needed it for as long as it took. There were only 12 people in my class though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the newer 250r is a nice bike i rebuild a 2000 ex250 and it rode great until i sold it and got started on my 9r rebuild
<------------------------------
btw msf is a great class it doesnt take long for the basic rider course but military we have to take the advanced one also and if its a sport bike we have to take that course also pain in the ass but worth it... my little brother NO JOKE learned to ride from youtube..lol hasnt dropped his bike ever..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Troubleshooting Issues

Hey evryone! I own i 2010 ninja250r and recently hit a pothole and was forced to lay it down. To get to the point ever since then my bike feels like its sitting higher in the air then usual and its really touchy on the handeling. I want to fix it myself but dont know what would be wrong. Anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the Kawasaki's Ninja - 250..500r forum. Not new to Tapatalk.

I posted a question about 19 hrs ago about my 2007 500r's electrical issues and it says it has 1 reply but I can not no matter what do can see it or read it.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts