Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
221 - 234 of 234 Posts

· Premium Member
3,672 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
First day on the forums. I own a murdered 2002zx9r. You guys are always so helpful. So I need help. My zx9 idles at 3000 rpm. My friend I bought it from says there's a little screw that you turn to adjust it. Well. I can't find this little screw and it's driving me crazy. Helppppp

· Registered
340 Posts
no there is a little black knob on the chain cover that you use to adjust your idle. It goes through a small bracket that holds the wire for the speedo on the side cover.
Its it that small space above the cover.

· Premium Member
4,375 Posts
sup welcome to the nut house

· Registered
173 Posts
I´m here to read comments regarding the B-model in particular, since i have that engine ready to put in my ZX7-98.

The engine is a 95´ (new gaskets, oil, valve adjusted), ported, shaved head, +4 ignition advancer, and 520-conversion with lightweight front sprocket.

To be done next - float bowl mod, ZX7 plastic throttle slides and drilled throttles.

· Registered
173 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Hey Guys, ZX11 owner here and past 14, I have chance to buy a 2000 ZX9R Black Purple Mica w 46Km all OEM except aftermarket rear shock and Corbin seat, stock pipe and parts come with. Anything to look out on with this year/series outside of the usuals, how are they for valve adj?

Price is cheap enough at 2K Ca, owner does not use enough any longer, in 4-5 years it qualifies for collector plates, more aggressive than the ZX11 I currently have which will soon be collector plated

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I need help so I technically don't have a zx9r anymore well I do but here's the thing I had a 1994 zx9r but I got board with it and built a side by side that is now powered by my zx9r motor I need help with wiring diagrams and carb adjustment please

221 - 234 of 234 Posts