Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This forum is for the Kawasaki ZX-12R, which was released in 2000. In North America, the ZX-12R was discontinued after the 2005 model year, yet remains as a 2006 model in European markets.

This forum is also for the Kawasaki ZZR-1200, which went from 2002 until 2005.

This forum is also for the Kawasaki ZRX-1200, which was from 2001 to 2005.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes Walt...a really nice shot. Question is..will we do it again this year..and will the flag still be there? I know we talked about the Nova Scotia thing..but for some reason I feel 'obligated' to do PSSBR again. A hard habit to break I guess.. What's your tought about that? Dan..what about you?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm open to both options - PSSBR is a good time - but I have this want to take the show East > Lake placid > Vermont> Hew Hampshire > Maine > New Brunswick > Nova Scotia > Cape Breton. 10 days

If we do PSSBR again I would like to ride deeper into Quebec - that ride last year up to Ville -Marie was most excellent:clap

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm always happy with anything having to do with Quebec... We could divert up to Lac Ceil Bleu to visit Marc and Lille...you know, from 'All that Jazz'. You'll see them when you come down in feb...maybe we'll even get to go out for a cruise..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm always happy with anything having to do with Quebec... We could divert up to Lac Ceil Bleu to visit Marc and Lille...you know, from 'All that Jazz'. You'll see them when you come down in feb...maybe we'll even get to go out for a cruise..
That would be Awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELP! 2002 Zx12r

I just recently bought a 2002 Zx12r. There is a sensor broke off on the left side of the head, didnt know what it was for, looks as if it goes in front of the cam.
If anyone knows what Im talking about please let me know. Both the lights are on for the oil and fi, I was wondering if these would stop bike from starting.
Anyone can help let me know
-dumponya

·
Registered
5 Posts
what's going on peoples. got a major problem im looking for a motor for my 2003 zx12r can anyone help me and guid me in the right place to find one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just recently bought a 2002 Zx12r. There is a sensor broke off on the left side of the head, didnt know what it was for, looks as if it goes in front of the cam.
If anyone knows what Im talking about please let me know. Both the lights are on for the oil and fi, I was wondering if these would stop bike from starting.
Anyone can help let me know
-dumponya
Sounds like the cam sensor . Take a look at this forum. if you scroll down you will see a pasted picture with a arrow pointing at the sensor plus there are some links to some photos but it was taking forever to open so im not sure what they are pictures of. I would not start the bike without this. This is just my opinion. Maybe someone has more in put on this as far as starting it. Since this probably tells the electronics some important info. Probably not too expensive. Looks a little like a spark plug when taken out with 1 wire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like the cam sensor . Take a look at this forum. if you scroll down you will see a pasted picture with a arrow pointing at the sensor plus there are some links to some photos but it was taking forever to open so im not sure what they are pictures of. I would not start the bike without this. This is just my opinion. Maybe someone has more in put on this as far as starting it. Since this probably tells the electronics some important info. Probably not too expensive. Looks a little like a spark plug when taken out with 1 wire.
Sorry forgot the link. Here u go.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-streetbikes-sportbikes/67032-oil-leak-help-me-diagnose-problem.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2002 zzr 1200. I want to get rid of the stock exhaust. Will the stock header off a zx12 work? And will i need to rejet the carbs?

·
Premium Member
13,110 Posts
I have a 2002 zzr 1200. I want to get rid of the stock exhaust. Will the stock header off a zx12 work? And will i need to rejet the carbs?

The ZZR 1200 has nothing whatsoever in common with the ZX12R other than the swingarm, and rear brake (on not all ZX12Rs). It really doesn't belong in this forum but was somehow lumped in here due to its relative displacement #. The ZZR 1200 is the last in the line that reaches back to the ZX-10 Ninja and ZX-11, both of which it has similarities to and some exchange of parts with. The motors in the ZRX 11s and 12s are related, but the chassis are totally different. ZX 12Rs are the ancestor of the ZX 14 and C-14 with similar frames and engine architecture.

The headers will not exchange. If you do come up with a suitable pipe, rejetting is a good idea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts