Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
hello all...i am picking up my 95 zx11 this saturday and dropping it off at school so i can work on it as my class project...i want to turn it into a street fighter because all the plastics except the tail section was stolen along with the headlight and ignition...so figured i'd keep the bike naked but want to change the bulky tail section to something alittle more racy...does anyone know if a 03-04 zx6 tail will fit? i've looked at both frames and subframes and they look very similar...

thx in advance and any helpful input is appreciated...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tires

I picked up a 1992 ZX11 in the begining of the summer and this thing is near mint conditon. now that winters here i want to fix up the little imperfections. there is one crack under the mirror and it needs tires. does anyone know where i can get just the top fairing? and im looking at dunlop tires. any opinions on the sportmax or the qualifiers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone, just picked up a 1994 ZX11D2 that needs a little motor work and TLC. #3 rod bearing needs to be fixed, some bodywork and repaint. Not a rush to get this doneas I have a few other bikes in the stable, but am really excited to know I'll have the opportunity to ride this fine machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's up!!!! I am a US contractor working in Japan and just bought a ZZR1100 for $2500. Last time I had a bike was 1986, (year my daughter was born). I was barred from riding by my wife at the time. Well, she's now a registered nurse and I am back to riding. Figure if I get hurt, she can bring me back to life. Lookin' forward to joining in on the conversations.

Later!!!

·
Most likely to get banned
982 Posts
What's up!!!! I am a US contractor working in Japan and just bought a ZZR1100 for $2500. Last time I had a bike was 1986, (year my daughter was born). I was barred from riding by my wife at the time. Well, she's now a registered nurse and I am back to riding. Figure if I get hurt, she can bring me back to life. Lookin' forward to joining in on the conversations.

Later!!!
welcome man...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a D & D four into one on mine. Rejetted, and bad. Retains centerstand as well. Found mine on Ebay for about 300.

·
Registered
560 Posts
the wheels on the shifter arm.....barely get on top of the "plateau" of the shifter drum....to stay in second....very easy for it to roll back into neutral......this is on alot on the zx bottoms end and tranny design......zx 900/1000/11 zrx concours.....i ground down about a quarter inch on the peg that stops the shifter from moving up.....this is under the cover....it allowed the trans to full move into second gear.....i did this when modding my crankshaft cap to line up oil holes as they should have been(when i raired 3rd rod being spun).....i made sure the other gears were not moving to far forward and drum wasnt moving to far to go over.....since this mod makes the drum move forward for ALL the gears.......no problem..... i was in the motor i decided to take out the 3 all bearings that cause this motor to have its "positive nuetral finder".....its alittle harder to find nuetral for acouple of days to get use to it,but easy after.

getting the shifter to move up alittle farther is all the zx motors needs to shift fine...you dont need cut trans and all,those are nice,but not the zx problem...mine shifts into second like butter......i took out the posi finder,cuase i didnt like having to spin up the motor to shift into second....thats just dumb to me...plus it does stop it from shifting into second sometimes when you want it too.but everyone has their opinion

ofcourse make sure theres no play in your shift lever and its adjusted good for you......sometimes people think its their tranny,when its one of these problems.

and probally 40% out there dont know how to shift properly and use the clutch,and end up damaging the tranny.....and/or they think their cool that they can shift without using their clutch...and end up srewing the timing of the revs/shift one or more times....and screw it up......just keepin it real....lol

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I had a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 on my '97. Not too loud, but great sound and excellent performance with the jet kit!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Whats up everyone, i just picked up my 1994 zx11 today. Its a little rough around the edges due to the PO laying it down but im working it back to shape.

·
Registered
35 Posts
HI! to all.
I ride a 91 zx11c set up for me, 1" taller bars, 1" lower foot pegs,
tank bag, side & top bags there small. heated grips and a plug
for the heated vest etc. this is my 4th zx11 this one is all stock basically
engine exhaust etc. its set up for sport touring for me. I sold the outher 3 zx11 over the years. a 95d stock had to sell when wife need a car dam! a 93d set up for bonneville.
it was fun in a strate line but I needed a day to day ride. a 90c had to sell when bouth cars went out in the middle of winter (traded it for a car) dam twice!!
so it real flet good to ride the 91c this summer.
best to all MRNORM

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
HI! to all.
I ride a 91 zx11c set up for me, 1" taller bars, 1" lower foot pegs,
tank bag, side & top bags there small. heated grips and a plug
for the heated vest etc. this is my 4th zx11 this one is all stock basically
engine exhaust etc. its set up for sport touring for me. I sold the outher 3 zx11 over the years. a 95d stock had to sell when wife need a car dam! a 93d set up for bonneville.
it was fun in a strate line but I needed a day to day ride. a 90c had to sell when bouth cars went out in the middle of winter (traded it for a car) dam twice!!
so it real flet good to ride the 91c this summer.
best to all MRNORM
Welcome MRNORM for a bike so old its funny how people keep coming back to it. How do you find the lowered pegs any issues in bends ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi! DRAGONINK
the pegs are for a buell. they are stock on the later one's 2003 up.
they have to be ground down a bit to fit and the hole for the pin
I drilled to the zx11 size. had to adjust brake and shift and the brake
light switch on brake easy to do. there about 45$ with shipping on
e-bay cheap. just make sure you see that 1" drop in the foot peg pic
before you buy. I just like the zx11's and I ride alot.
MRMORM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carbon tail hugger: I just picked one up on eBay without any brackets, carbon piece only, for my 2000 D8. The missing bracket on the chain side won't be bad at all, just an L bracket, but the 2 holes near the rear master cylinder...I got no clue. They're both just out in space.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere; I'm a newbie. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts

zzr/zx
zzr1100- 1052cc (1990-2001) 12years(90-93Cmodels:94-01Dmodels)
zzr1200- 1164cc (2002-2005) 4years) upgraded zzr1100
zzr1400- 1352cc (2006-2011) 6years (gen1)
zzr1400- 1441cc (2012-201x) (gen2) upgraded zzr1400

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Im just posting here, cuz nobody has posted here for 2014.. So here is my post for 2014. Pretty neato, huh?

Obligatory picture of my bike included....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello to all!

Hello everyone,

Just registered today. Living in the Philippines and just purchased my new ZZR 1100. This is my return to the ZZR 11 as I owned one during the 90's and early 2000's. Spent over two years searching for one here in the Philippines and finally found one. Had to pay over USD4000 for it but what the hell, it was what I wanted. I rode a ZX6R whilst I was looking for the Zed and it was a great bike but it was not a ZZR.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts