Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kawasaki Zx6r
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
( Please Read All )
I'm seeing if anybody can help me !!! . I have a kawasaki zx6r j1 & I had the bike for a few months with 28k miles on it & it's been riding perfect . but over time the bike kept sputtering out & couldn't figure out with issue was until a friend of mines took it apart . out of all the 4 spark plugs 1 was loose so he replace them & cleant out the air filter & the bike rode like it was brand new . but later on down the rode the same issue occurred but it got worse . the bike would stall on me when I eased off the clutch multiple times & after that, it wouldn't wanna start until I kept cranking it over a few times & then eventually it'll start up . & when the next day come, I go out & try to start it & it took even longer to start up ( like it wasn't getting gas ) but eventually it started . But one day I was omw to work & the bike started right up . not even 5 minutes down the rode, it was sputtering so bad and I lost power in every single gear ( even first ) . tried giving it gas while in first & the bike was looking more power until it shut off on me in the middle of the street . kept cranking it & nothing happened . it wanted to start but nothing happend . so today I got some started fluid and kept spraying until it started, while it was stay running . i gave it a little gas ( & I heard this sound i think from the motor like it was a knocking sound ), but when I let off the throttle, the noise wasn't there but then the bike shut up . I brought a brand new fuel pump but that didn't solve anything. Can somebody give me advice ???

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you remember what color the spark plugs were when you took them out ? Were they a Grey color or Black ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts