Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little story from me a guy who live in montreal(sorry for my english), i put a new muzzy pipe on my 636 wednesday, made around 25 miles whit the new pipe(i like it soooooooo much), come back home put the bike in the garage and go to bed, thursday go to work come back at 5 pm take out the bike from the garage to wash it.6 pm the bike is clean park the bike in the street in the front of the house.8 pm childrens sleep so time to make a ride ,start to roll first stop it the brake and nothing no more front brake !!!:runaway .stop the bike check oil check pad, everything seem to be fine!!come back home 10 min later(what a ride). cald the dealler friday and explain what happend whit the bike ,he told me to bring the bike to check it(the bike is on quarentee), so what i did in my lunch brake. he check the bike and told me that 1 front disk is crooked !!!!!!!!!, first thing he told me was is not on quarenteed because someone kick the disk he said!! .i told him nobody touch the bike and if someone kick my bick enough hard to curv the disk ,i thing the bike will fall of on the ground. he dont want to understand and he said to me is impossible to change the disk on quarentee kawasaki will not pay for a disk who is crooked like that!!!, so anyway i told him that is a asshold and buy 2 new front disk at a local bike shop(ktm bike) near my house, so no bike this week end :banghead the news disk is for tuesday. fucking dealer :thefinger

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am kind of wondering why the dealer would care how the damage occurred. I was under the impression that they replace the part and kawasaki comes good for the cost of the part and the labour through the warrenty process. If I owned a dealership I wouldn't be playing Judge Judy as to why the part failed... I would be making damn sure to take care of my customers in the hopes that they will come back!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
most dealers suck, good luck man

·
Registered
183 Posts
look at the second post...the shitty dealer tryin to cover his ass!!! lol Whats the dealership name and location/address mate? so we all know to stay clear and away from it....what a shame....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Lame ass dealer... I would call KAWI direct and report them. Demand service, you are the customer, or at least make a huge scene and promise to never come back and tell all your friends, and their friends, and their friends to do the same. I'm so damn tired of hearing the same old story.... Power to the People!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you guys for all your answer, it make me feel better ,the dealer is located in the city of lasalle in montreal the name of the dealer is MOTOSPORT NEWMAN. yes i tell everyone that dealers suck, i will made a call to kawasaki monday morning. Oh buy the way my girl friend need i bike and i tell to the dealers that i buy it another place.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am kind of wondering why the dealer would care how the damage occurred. I was under the impression that they replace the part and kawasaki comes good for the cost of the part and the labour through the warrenty process. If I owned a dealership I wouldn't be playing Judge Judy as to why the part failed... I would be making damn sure to take care of my customers in the hopes that they will come back!

Because if the damage were from say... the customer dropping the bike. Or riding with the front brakes on all the time (superheating and warping the disc) that is not a warranty issue. That is a "sorry you're on your own issue." The dealer needs to know why it broke in order for Kawi to agree to pay for the warranty replacement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
same here

i went throught the same thing. i just bought a 05 636(love it) and went for my forst ride 2 days after i got it. 20 miles in my friend nopticed my chain touched the ground when i down shifted and that my wheel was completly cocked. I went to pull over and hit the back break(big mistake) the bike went down. I was only going 10 but it fucked up the left side pretty good. The dealer ship(thunder alley in fulton,NY) has swapped tires that they burnt off before i bought it, but never tightened the axel tension bolt on the left side, so the axle shifted. I most deffinitly brought it back to the dealer ship and they said theres nothing they can do, they claimed to tighten it and it must have been something i did. so i ended up having to drop 450 bucks to get it fixed and re alligned. i was stoaked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey guys, kawasaki canada call me back and told me that they gona change the front disk and the pads in quarenteed :clap , they gona do the job in 2 weeks. Now the problem is that i buy 2 new front disk last week and its already on the bike ,i told the guy from kawasaki canada that i pay for the news front disk, and he said that he can do nothing about that!!, so now i have 2 new front disk set :banghead , so if anyone need a new pair of (1 week old) front disk, i have one to sold.

·
Registered
488 Posts
the only thing i can sayb is "ebay" its good that kawi canada help u out but is money thatcould of been spent in something else! i feel for your loss brah! it sux! hope u come out good on the deal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts