Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Kawasaki ninja ZX6r has a yoshimura exhaust and it makes a popping noise when I let go of the throttle(hence slowing down)....
Just wondering if that's fine?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
478 Posts
I won't hurt anything but it is really annoying. The slip on pipe is causing it. The bike factory fuel map is not mapped for anything aftermarket.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I won't hurt anything but it is really annoying. The slip on pipe is causing it. The bike factory fuel map is not mapped for anything aftermarket.
You'll learn to love it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
No i won't learn to like it

No i won't learn to love it! I hated it so much i had my bike tuned and mapped no pops for me. My bike is as smooth as silk now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dark helmet is right, give it 3 more months and you would like it! Everyone that gives it a chance always changes their mind. It makes the bike sound more aggressive!!!! Buuuut it's all good either way haha

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
im debating not getting a pc3 with my exhaust so i have the afterfire pops. but that's only cause there's no where for the smog to start painting mine black since my exhaust is out the tail

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Dark helmet is right, give it 3 more months and you would like it! Everyone that gives it a chance always changes their mind. It makes the bike sound more aggressive!!!! Buuuut it's all good either way haha
It only sounds good to people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

The rest of us, who actually know what an air/fuel ratio is, think it sounds like buttholes.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
im debating not getting a pc3 with my exhaust so i have the afterfire pops. but that's only cause there's no where for the smog to start painting mine black since my exhaust is out the tail
You really only get that when it is too rich. Popping on decel is exactly the opposite of that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No i won't learn to love it! I hated it so much i had my bike tuned and mapped no pops for me. My bike is as smooth as silk now.
Sorry man, should have put a smiley face or something, so you knew I was kidding.

It only sounds good to people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
The rest of us, who actually know what an air/fuel ratio is, think it sounds like buttholes.
:rolleyes insulting and opinionated. Also, I have never heard the butthole sound like this, but maybe she was moaning to loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts