Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls

Is it only me or are there any others out there that think Kawasaki should be doing better in international racing.

I have actually stopped watching most bike racing now due to the fact that the Kawasaki guys do well in the beginning and then all of a sudden they either just stop or drop the bikes.

In the GP i dont think the bike is in any way inferior to the other bikes except for maybe the power delivery being a little more wild than the others but for the rest it is very stron all the way around.

In Super bikes they just dont do anything at all. The guys complain saying that its the bike which is a bugger to turn and it does not grip coming out the corners.

I dont know, but according to what i think the guys are complaining to much and not riding enough. What happened to the Doohan's and Rossi's out there. Give them any bike and they ride the wheels off of it till they win.

Is it the riders or the bikes?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Bikes, these guys that say this are professional racers man, listen to them. If Rossi hopped on the Kawasaki GP bike could he win? Probably not, if Kawasaki poured a load of money into the bike like Yamaha did with various sponsorships and other funds? Then could Rossi win? Maybe. No one knows the what if's and that sucks, but things are just the way they are. Not to say that riders aren't part of the equation, that's demonstrated at almost every pro race you'll see as by teammates riding identical equipment. But, in my personal opinion, in Moto GP's case, it's the bikes, WSB and BSB, the bikes. Suzuki's GP bike (i've heard rumors) is used as a test bed for trickledown tech for streetbikes (or production based racebikes!). Not that I don't love Kawa or anything. Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say that i agree with you to a certain level but then why when the 04' ZX10 was launched did Kawasaki say that its also from Super bike racing and it seemed to do well against the others and now the new one with better tech on it comes out and is always first from the back. I understand and have riden the new K7 GSXR1000 and it is an amazing machine but why cant team green come up with something that will kill it?

Its just frustrating hehehe

·
Registered
990 Posts
The 6R is 2nd in the world supersports & doing quite well in AMA :crazyloco

I think the 08 10R will get a shake up to improve the handling for the track. They went the wrong way with the 06/07 bike & tried to make it more acceptable for the road, I think they will redesign it to be more of a track bike like they have the 6R. In 05 the 10R came 5th & 6th in BSB in the hands of Hawk Kawasaki, a privateer team against a couple of works teams on inferior makes. They have been nowhere the last two seasons except in BSB superstocks last year when a certain young Aussie called Brendan Roberts* rode a 10R for the last few races & showed it was possible to make it win with the right talent riding.

*watch this guy, he IS a future star - Ducati will hopefully bring him through the ranks starting in World Superstocks this year, look what they did when they got hold of Stoner - went from crasher last year to potential world champ this year.

In WSB they made a mistake dropping Chris Walker, he was their best rider :rolleyes

In MotoGP they suffered from a complete team reorganisation though West is showing good promise & they are fast in practice sessions in race trim. de Puniet needs to keep his head & get the bike to the finish for a few races, I'm sure podiums at least are possible from him & West before the end of the season :squint Next year will be better if they get a top rider & Laguna should prove interesting with Roger Lee at his home GP...........

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's a hard question. I think that if Rossi was on a Kawi we'd see more podium finishes. I do think the riders aren't confident enough in the bikes to push them. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as other's in the sport, but I do watch/tape almost every race that comes on Speed. In the AMA the 600's run their class but other that that those gixxers are killing us. I thought the zx-10 was supposed to have the speed category on lock?

I can see Matt M. on a Kawi in the near future though or on a Jordan bike.

I wonder how Roger Lee will do in GP. Maybe he'll take to it like Ped did for Honda.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I partly agree with WhoKilledKenny and the rest of you guys.

There is part proof that the '06/'07 ZX10R is not what we all hoped for, but speaking to a couple of the guys here that race in our ZX10 Cup, the newer ZX10 is just very tricky to set up properly.

Then partly the riders, in this same ZX10 Cup here, we have got a rider (Greg Dreyer), that came back to racing after a couple of years off, and he rides the sh*** out of everybody else!!!!! (At over 50 years of age, he still got the B****!)

The MOTO GP bikes definately show the promise of podiums or even wins, but they need the right riders (West is doing OK!), and then it seem like they are struggling a little bit what Ducati went through, power delivery out of corners eat up the tyres by 3/4 distance, that's why they fade in the latter part of the races. Once they sort thet out, and I believe it is going to be very soon, I forcast a couple of podiums before the end of the year!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
But I have noticed that Kawi do well in the rain for some reason.
Well, that's proof that there is nothing wrong with it's handling and rideability, and in the rain the tyres last, but then again both riders are very good in the rain!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts