Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 181 Posts
Hey y'all

Welcome to the hopefuls' circle.:smile

I actually share all of your expectations but I've very recently decided I'll keep my FJR1300 for at least one more year for the following reasons:

1. Connie/GTR14 will be delivered (maybe) in August.:rant That's too late for me.
2. No hard data on weight/power ratio yet
3. Likelyhood of severe teething problems increases with the lack of info this close to the originally-announced release (see the K1200S affaire) :headscratch

This does it for me. Love the new bike but at this stage nothing yet tops the FJR.
BMW's K-GT (barely) does in fact but the price delta is huge and I think the bike's fugly...:angry
Sorry to hear this Teerex. As for your points:
1) with the winters we're having this shouldn't be a problem ;)
2) I'm with you here. If the GTR doesn't have considerable more hp's than the FJR I will even consider buying the -cheaper- FJR
3) I trust Kawi in this. The very new ZX-12R and e.g. the ZZR1400 were launched without -big- problems.

I think you will change your mind once the GTR is actually here :smile

Jeroen12

Historically Kawi has been cheaper thanthe rest ofthe asian market were did you here that it was more?

Daka
Maybe a new GTR will be a bit cheaper than a new FJR. But my guess is that one year old new FJR's (good enough for me) will be out there and will be a lot cheaper.

1. Connie/GTR14 will be delivered (maybe) in August. That's too late for me.
2. No hard data on weight/power ratio yet
3. Likelyhood of severe teething problems increases with the lack of info this close to the originally-announced release (see the K1200S affaire)
1) with the winters we're having this shouldn't be a problem ;)
2) I'm with you here. If the GTR doesn't have considerable more hp's than the FJR I will even consider buying the -cheaper- FJR
3) I trust Kawi in this. The very new ZX-12R and e.g. the ZZR1400 were launched without -big- problems.
My turn:

1.) If you intend to sell an existing bike yourself, you won't get as much for it in the late summer or fall. If you have the space in your garage, go ahead and buy the C-14, but wait until next spring to sell the older bike. If you have two bikes to sell like I do (XX and FJR), then one possible strategy would be to test ride the C-14 to see if you want to buy it, and if you are convinced that you want to buy it, go ahead and sell one of the two bikes in the late summer, then wait until next spring to sell the other one and buy the C-14.

2.) The weight/power ratio is a critical consideration, but the logic, whereby it makes sense to decide at the present not to buy the bike at a later date because the information that you would need to make an informed decision at that later date is not presently available, escapes me. Unless, that is, you were trying to decide between buying something else right away vs. waiting patiently to find out whether the C-14 is even a bike that you would prefer. That is the only scenario where that logic makes sense to me, and in that scenario, it makes perfect sense. Additionally, it seems highly unlikely to me that the difference in acceleration between the FJR and the C-14 will be adequate to justify a preference of one over the other. While I am hoping that the high-speed acceleration of the C-14 will be a tad better than it is with the FJR, that isn't the principal reason that I am keen on the idea of replacing the FJR (and the XX) with the C-14. Principally, I hope (and fully expect) that the C-14's engine will be inordinately less buzzy than the FJR's engine, which I find excessive and bothersome.

3.) It does not make sense to me that the delay in delivery should be interpreted as an indication that there will be teething problems. Nor should the delay be interpreted as an indicator that there will not be teething problems. The delay just doesn't tell us anything at all about the likelihood of new-model problems. If the K1200S had 1st-year problems that were corrected in the 2nd year, that is useful information in the sense that it tells us that it is sometimes smarter to wait until the 2nd year, but it still isn't particularly relevant because (a) it is to be taken for granted that 2nd-year models will have fewer problems than 1st-year models, and (b) Kawasaki is not BMW. (I am curious to know which specific 1st-year problems that the K1200S had, were subsequently fixed such that people who waited until the 2nd year did not have those problems. The major problem that I know of, is the engine vibration, which is not likely to have been solved, and if it was solved, it evidently wasn't until after the K12GT was introduced, because the reviews invariably mentioned the excessive engine vibration. But even if by chance this has since been solved and thus has the characteristic of a "teething problem", it still isn't particularly relevant to the C-14.)

My turn:

1.) If you intend to sell an existing bike yourself, you won't get as much for it in the late summer or fall. If you have the space in your garage, go ahead and buy the C-14, but wait until next spring to sell the older bike. If you have two bikes to sell like I do (XX and FJR), then one possible strategy would be to test ride the C-14 to see if you want to buy it, and if you are convinced that you want to buy it, go ahead and sell one of the two bikes in the late summer, then wait until next spring to sell the other one and buy the C-14.

2.) The weight/power ratio is a critical consideration, but the logic, whereby it makes sense to decide at the present not to buy the bike at a later date because the information that you would need to make an informed decision at that later date is not presently available, escapes me. Unless, that is, you were trying to decide between buying something else right away vs. waiting patiently to find out whether the C-14 is even a bike that you would prefer. That is the only scenario where that logic makes sense to me, and in that scenario, it makes perfect sense. Additionally, it seems highly unlikely to me that the difference in acceleration between the FJR and the C-14 will be adequate to justify a preference of one over the other. While I am hoping that the high-speed acceleration of the C-14 will be a tad better than it is with the FJR, that isn't the principal reason that I am keen on the idea of replacing the FJR (and the XX) with the C-14. Principally, I hope (and fully expect) that the C-14's engine will be inordinately less buzzy than the FJR's engine, which I find excessive and bothersome.

3.) It does not make sense to me that the delay in delivery should be interpreted as an indication that there will be teething problems. Nor should the delay be interpreted as an indicator that there will not be teething problems. The delay just doesn't tell us anything at all about the likelihood of new-model problems. If the K1200S had 1st-year problems that were corrected in the 2nd year, that is useful information in the sense that it tells us that it is sometimes smarter to wait until the 2nd year, but it still isn't particularly relevant because (a) it is to be taken for granted that 2nd-year models will have fewer problems than 1st-year models, and (b) Kawasaki is not BMW. (I am curious to know which specific 1st-year problems that the K1200S had, were subsequently fixed such that people who waited until the 2nd year did not have those problems. The major problem that I know of, is the engine vibration, which is not likely to have been solved, and if it was solved, it evidently wasn't until after the K12GT was introduced, because the reviews invariably mentioned the excessive engine vibration. But even if by chance this has since been solved and thus has the characteristic of a "teething problem", it still isn't particularly relevant to the C-14.)
Yeah,,,, what HE said... :rolleyes

2007 Automotive Engineering Exposition (自動車技術展 人と車のテクノロジー展 2007)

“1400GTR” Strip Model
The 1400GTR will be exhibited in Pacifico Yokohama.

Detailed Information //ENGLISH//:http://tech.jsae.or.jp/expoguide/detail_en.aspx?cid=2007094
Detailed Information //JAPANESE//:http://tech.jsae.or.jp/expoguide/detail.aspx?cid=2007094

Exhibit (KHI): Adaptive Front-lighting System, Helmet Mounted Display, etc.
Keyword: ASV (= Advanced Safety Vehicle)

☆Helmet Mounted Display(pdf-p27), Adaptive Front-lighting System(pdf-p29) /PDF/:
http://www.mlit.go.jp/jidosha/anzen/01asv/resourse/data/asv2development.pdf
☆Development of Advanced Safety Vehicle "Kawasaki ASV" /HTML/:
http://www.khi.co.jp/tech/ne162tr11.html

Kawasaki ASV (prototype): ZZR1400+ZZR1200 ASV ?? :smile

Very Kool... headlights that look around corners. :)

Maybe by the year 2010 we can have Heads Up Display in our helmets too!

Hi All, first time posting here.
I have just talked to my local dealer and ordered my new Concourse. Expected del is End June Price is under 18000 canadian for Non ABS and 19500 for ABS. This is the same price point as a FJR or at least close. I have a Nomad and a Sprit RS now , but will be trading in the Nomad on the new bike. Has anyone else heard about pricing in your area?

Hi Johnny
Congrats on your order I have had my deposit in since nov.
In Alberta the ABS model is $19,099.00 not sure about the other.
I too have a nomad 05 that I will be trading in late june when the first one arrives in Edmonton. Next year I might be riding out to Moncton NB maybe you could show me some roads out there.
Daka

Hi Daka, I am in In the Halifax area, but Moncton is not so far away so would be glad to show you around. I just droped off my Nomad to the dealer for sale, and trade in I want to be the first here to get the Concourse. I hope they update the Kawasaki web site soon so we can see more details.

GTR1400 in Australia

The GTR1400 as it will be known here in Australia will be at the opening of a new dealership in Alexandria NSW on 2nd June 2007.:clap

The GTR1400 as it will be known here in Australia will be at the opening of a new dealership in Alexandria NSW on 2nd June 2007.:clap
Did you get a chance to see the GTR 1400 at the new dealership and are they giving any delivery dates?
By the way, my father-in-law was from Melbourne.

The release date of the1400GTR has been decided in Japan.

Information on Kawasaki Dealers (06-15-2007 JST)
Release date: August 1, 2007
Sales price: ¥1,520,000
Color: Neutron Silver

The price became cheaper than my expectation. :clap
Expected price: ¥1,550,000~¥1,600,000

Wonderful! Kawasaki (Kawasaki Motors Japan)

2007 Auttomotive Engineering Exposition

“1400GTR ASV”
(1) Adaptive Front-lighting System
(2) Night Vision System
(3) Helmet Mounted Display
(4) Tire Pressure Monitoring System

GTR ASV (5 photos) //JAPANESE// http://www.hobidas.com/blog/special02/

“HMD" seems to have been paid to attention especially.
In the near future the1400GTR will be equipped with these systems? :smile

21 - 40 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.