Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Kawasaki GTR 1400 and Concours 14

127K views 180 replies 54 participants last post by  Motogp 
Ozzy said:
IF I get a GTR1400 / er I mean Concours (cough cough) I will have to get the Euro emblems for it. I just cant hardly say that other name, LOL!
Gotta say I am 110% in agreement here.... the "Connie" or Concours moniker has a lot of, um, unique attributes associated with it. :lol Fortunately, I really don't think the current typical Concours pennypincher is going to flock over to this bike; I expect an entirely new generation of riders will gravitate to this machine... those that are into speed, power, and modern-day performance.

Hey there, Warchild -- we know each other already ;-)))
Heh.... hello, Stef, glad to see you over here... and I'm not surprised you are interested in this platform... :thumbup

beansbaxter said:
I know it's a first year run for this particular model, but I dont consider it to be a first year run with the engine. All of this came from the ZX-14 which will have had two years in the marketplace by the time the GTR1400 is available.
True, BUT.... not with the new valve train, which is different from the ZX-14.

I recall reading in one of the recent marketing spins that we should see the bike in the dealerships by Apr-May timeframe.

Which will likely translate to mid-summer or later, if historical trends are any indication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.