Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
IF I get a GTR1400 / er I mean Concours (cough cough) I will have to get the Euro emblems for it. I just cant hardly say that other name, LOL!

·
Registered
67 Posts
The name "Concours" is all but unknown here in Europe...The bike is only known as GTR1400. What emblems are you referring to Ozzy?

Stef

BTW, hi Beans and Ozzy, I've introduced myself with a post in the Announcement area. Hey there, Warchild -- we know each other already ;-)))

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ozzy said:
IF I get a GTR1400 / er I mean Concours (cough cough) I will have to get the Euro emblems for it. I just cant hardly say that other name, LOL!
Gotta say I am 110% in agreement here.... the "Connie" or Concours moniker has a lot of, um, unique attributes associated with it. :lol Fortunately, I really don't think the current typical Concours pennypincher is going to flock over to this bike; I expect an entirely new generation of riders will gravitate to this machine... those that are into speed, power, and modern-day performance.

Hey there, Warchild -- we know each other already ;-)))
Heh.... hello, Stef, glad to see you over here... and I'm not surprised you are interested in this platform... :thumbup

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know Kawasaki is releasing it in North America as a Concours 14, but is it confirmed that it will be called the GTR 1400 overseas? Is it listed on the Kawi websites over there yet??

·
Registered
199 Posts
Teerex51 said:
The name "Concours" is all but unknown here in Europe...The bike is only known as GTR1400. What emblems are you referring to Ozzy?

Stef

BTW, hi Beans and Ozzy, I've introduced myself with a post in the Announcement area. Hey there, Warchild -- we know each other already ;-)))
The emblems on the side panels that say Concours 14

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ozzy said:
The emblems on the side panels that say Concours 14
They better not be clear-coated... 'cuz those bastid's are coming off before I even leave the showroom floor, along with those goofy-ass DOT reflectors... :rolleyes :lol

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lonerider said:
Anybody knows when will it be available here in US?
I expect it be released in 2007 as a 2008 model. Kawasaki's official word is "To Be Determined" though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven't bought a new bike for a while. Usually when Kawasaki releases next model year bike? June of the previous year? December?

I was looking at getting a FJR/1200GT/ST as either an addition or replacement for my 97 XX for long distance riding.
Now I think I'm going to wait for the GTR1400. Does anybody know how good is Kawasaki with their 1st model year bike
in their history?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lonerider said:
Does anybody know how good is Kawasaki with their 1st model year bike in their history?
I know it's a first year run for this particular model, but I dont consider it to be a first year run with the engine. All of this came from the ZX-14 which will have had two years in the marketplace by the time the GTR1400 is available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
beansbaxter said:
I know it's a first year run for this particular model, but I dont consider it to be a first year run with the engine. All of this came from the ZX-14 which will have had two years in the marketplace by the time the GTR1400 is available.
True, BUT.... not with the new valve train, which is different from the ZX-14.

I recall reading in one of the recent marketing spins that we should see the bike in the dealerships by Apr-May timeframe.

Which will likely translate to mid-summer or later, if historical trends are any indication.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Which will likely translate to mid-summer or later, if historical trends are any indication.
True, this 2-3-4 months of delay are just a moment in history... :runaway :runaway :runaway

Also like 5 years of living which is taken on my nerves because of waiting...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello everyone ! like you I have been waiting for this bike for a long time.
As I was not satisfied with the other choices for one reason or another.
The concerns that we all share seem to be met as much as possible and I hope the end result is what we want in a true SPORT- tourer. If I have to wait I will wait .I have had a deposit on a silver abs since NOV 3 this is the bike that closest discribes what I wan't without paying the price and the service charges of a K12GT . IN a lot of way's I think it will be a more of an enjoyable bike.

Daka

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi folks;

Add another rider waiting for a C-14... I just sold one of my current bikes in order to pay for the yet to be seen Kawasaki. On paper, it sure looks like the ride I have been waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for.

I just wish the Kawi Mother Ship would release the final specs, release date and MSRP...

Well, the good news is that the longer it takes, the longer the money that I put in savings will draw interest. Heck, maybe I'll have enough to pay for the C-14 in cash by the time it gets here...:crackup

Ride Safe
Dan

Edit: BTW, VERY nice site ya'll got here!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Stef and Warchild. 04 FJR Pilot here with a new name and hopefully a new machine in the coming months. I'm really interested in this incarnation of the "Connie". Hopefully the specs will be out soon with accurate numbers on the HP and Torque. I would hope the numbers are better than the BMW since they are talking the fastest SS tourer. I might be alone here but more power is always welcomed. Not that the FJR is underpowered by any stretch but I just like bigger better faster especially if it is at close to the same price point.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey y'all

Welcome to the hopefuls' circle.:smile

I actually share all of your expectations but I've very recently decided I'll keep my FJR1300 for at least one more year for the following reasons:

1. Connie/GTR14 will be delivered (maybe) in August.:rant That's too late for me.
2. No hard data on weight/power ratio yet
3. Likelyhood of severe teething problems increases with the lack of info this close to the originally-announced release (see the K1200S affaire) :headscratch

This does it for me. Love the new bike but at this stage nothing yet tops the FJR.
BMW's K-GT (barely) does in fact but the price delta is huge and I think the bike's fugly...:angry

1 - 20 of 181 Posts