·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
With the airbox properly located I can use the Muzzy endurance tank.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Radiator needs more work.

But it’s getting there.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Once the radiator is properly clearanced for the ram air duct it will mount like this:

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I'm having trouble fitting the left metal radiator tube with the Muzzy race fairings. I may have to flatten my tube to get it to fit. The M fairings don't have the big hips that the N does.
I believe the original stock part on the M is slightly flattened as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,704 Posts
More Ram Air for More HRSPWRS

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I dropped the engine out of the M chassis today to double check everything before I closed it all up. I ended up breaking a bolt and a fairly simple job turned into splitting the engine cases twice today. The engine is back together and back in the bike. I have a few things to reinstall but at least I'm moving forward.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Are you planning to use the TPS? For what, M secondary accelerator pump?
Not using it. These carbs have been partially race kitted. I’ll finish the job as I move forward on the bike. The TPS is getting removed.

·
Premium Member
'12 Ninja 1000 (w/ late model KQR panniers), 03 KTM 525 EXC
219 Posts
This is really coming together, 2fat. I dig it. You gonna have it be a Kawasaki green pattern when it's ready to hit the track? Or a different pattern?

Reactions: 2fat2fly

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
This is really coming together, 2fat. I dig it. You gonna have it be a Kawasaki green pattern when it's ready to hit the track? Or a different pattern?
Thanks! Right now I’m thinking the classic Muzzy/Kawasaki green. Not doing any Scott Russell, Anthony Gobert or Doug Chandler numbers on the number plates. There will probably be no numbers on the bike.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I dropped the engine out of the M chassis today to double check everything before I closed it all up. I ended up breaking a bolt and a fairly simple job turned into splitting the engine cases twice today. The engine is back together and back in the bike. I have a few things to reinstall but at least I'm moving forward.
Your not supposed to have to do that at home. That kind of stuff only happens at the track when there’s a time crunch.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Your not supposed to have to do that at home. That kind of stuff only happens at the track when there’s a time crunch.
You’re actually right about that.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Got some of my hose material in the mail today so I had to do some quick test fitting.

It’s starting to really look like something now.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I got quite a bit done tonight and I'm really happy with the progress. I obviously fitted and trimmed the coolant piping. Installed the transmission cover and water pump permanently. Swapped the clip ons over to a set of Renthal clip ons that are the same as what KRT uses on their factory race team bikes. Did some trimming on the lift tube so it fits better. Mocked up the oil cooler coolant feed line out of a piece of coat hanger so I can make it tomorrow. Found the other carbon fiber cover for the swingarm pivot and drilled/fitted it. Dug out the clutch slave cylinder to prep it for installation. And then sat there looking at it while planning my next steps.

Here’s what it looks like currently.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
Tonight I installed the clutch basket and all the clutch parts under the clutch cover. I fully fitted the airbox so it sits on the engine and in the frame properly. I also installed the brake pedal and the seat and sat on it for the first time. And grabbed a bunch of parts I'm gonna mess with tomorrow if I have time.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
When using an aftermarket airbox like this one you need to think about how you’re going to mount the carbs. I’m using stock carb boots and clamps so I reversed the clamps to make it easier to access the screws inside the airbox.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
Not a bunch of progress tonight but I still moved forward. I got the oil cooler feed line made and I got to install the quick change cup on the rear axle. I also installed the radial front brake master cylinder. I did some measuring of some parts to have some machine work done tomorrow. I removed them from the bike and wrapped everything up for the evening.

That’s the only picture today.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts