Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Tonight’s project is figuring out how to mount the front fender. I have an idea…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Ah... that's more what I remember. Actually, the whole story is sounding familiar now you mention it.

Prices will go down, interest rates going up more than offset it, can't afford oil, can't afford groceries...

·
Premium Member
'12 Ninja 1000 (w/ late model KQR panniers), 03 KTM 525 EXC
219 Posts
2fat, I would get started on it but there's things in the way... Currently building out a Ninja 1000, then doing a sumo conversion on a KTM 525, then restoring an 07 ZX10R, then the 7R enters the lineup.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
2fat, I would get started on it but there's things in the way... Currently building out a Ninja 1000, then doing a sumo conversion on a KTM 525, then restoring an 07 ZX10R, then the 7R enters the lineup.
I completely understand. If you saw my backlog of projects you’d feel good about having so few…

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,704 Posts
Do you have a thread on the Ninja 1000?

2fat- Sorry for the thread jack

Reactions: TheUX31EGuy

·
Premium Member
219 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I’m on hold with the front fender mounting since I need to fabricate some parts so last night I worked on clearancing the radiator for the ram air duct. I haven’t had time to test fit it but here’s what I did.

I’ll test fit it next week when I get home.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
You're able to weld aluminum, 2fat? Better man than I. I either can't get it working or turn that stuff to a puddle. Or God forbid, contaminate my tungsten.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
You're able to weld aluminum, 2fat? Better man than I. I either can't get it working or turn that stuff to a puddle. Or God forbid, contaminate my tungsten.
Actually my brother is the welder. He’s done it since he was about 9 years old. I just make parts and have crazy ideas.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I finally got my new exhaust studs today and got them all installed. That’s not much progress but a bunch of little victories like that add up to one huge victory, eventually.

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Gotta say, I admire your long vision. All of my little victories tend to add up to huge unfinished projects that I end up giving away at a gigantic loss...

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Gotta say, I admire your long vision. All of my little victories tend to add up to huge unfinished projects that I end up giving away at a gigantic loss...
Thanks JBear. Eventually I’ll get this one done. I’m hoping to make some serious progress on Friday and Saturday. We will see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
It’s 950cc of Kawasaki goodness.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Spending this evening test fitting some parts. First up is the rear brake master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Next up is the starter.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Working on the airbox…

And carbs.

·