Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. just picked up a blue 2012 14R the day before last (almost 200 miles weathers been great so far) and wanted to come see what people have been doing to the earlier models to get an idea of what path to take to get to where i want my'n (function and eye candy alike)

Thanks
Dominic

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Welcome to the zxf . Keep us posted of what happens when you get her broken in:mfclap

·
Registered
370 Posts
07 ZX14 here: flies pulled, power commander installed, stainless steel brake lines, corbin saddle with back rest, givi V35 panniers, Moko frame sliders, stainless steel chain guard, genmar risers, throttlemeister throttle lock, laminar lip over the stock windscreen and probably a few other odds and ends I can't remember. 35000 miles and it still rocks - no problems at all just general maintenance. The ultimate "sport" touring machine. I love the new model, if I were to upgrade that's exactly where I'd go, but I will be keeping mine for a few more years. There's something to be said for toys that are bought and paid for.

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
Hello Stich, you lucky bastage. I am in about the same boat as NDY with an older 14 and a few farkles. Hope you like the new gen-14; it sounds like everything and a bag of potato chips.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Hey Dominic, welcome to the forums.

Post up when you have questions, these folks over here seem to have run into most any question you could have with your new 14. Sure saves me a bunch of messing around to actually just ask those that have already learned.

Let's see some pics of the new ride!

OP

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I have an '09 and I love it. Although I like everything they have done with the 14R, I am sticking with my '09.

My favorite add on is a Sargent seat and storage pod. Actually, I thought the OEM seat was ok, but I wanted some storage, I had to get the seat to get the storage pod. I am happy with the seat, it is better than OEM.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! WARNING...WARNING...hide the credit cards!!!

There's a lot you can do...that's for sure! Mine is an '09 ZX14SE. Lowered...McIntosh 8 over swingarm...Competition CNC SS head w/stainless valves and double springs...47mm throttle bodies...PAIR removal kit...16/46 gearing...flies pulled...Power Commander V...air shifter...fully automatic 50 shot of nitrous...lock-up clutch...Brock's Alienhead exhaust system...Raptor launch/shift light...front fork strap...rear fender elimination kit. After all this, it's still street legal.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey everyone new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. just picked up a blue 2012 14R the day before last (almost 200 miles weathers been great so far) and wanted to come see what people have been doing to the earlier models to get an idea of what path to take to get to where i want my'n (function and eye candy alike)

Thanks
Dominic
Nice Bike! I have a blue '06 like that color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts