Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to lower it. Just barely tippy toe touches ground.. Dealer looked all around & seems soupys performance lowering link is the only product offered. Is it good?
How do u long front end to match?
Take front forks part slide tubes in? How-to?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
What did you pay for it?

I may be in the market for one next spring.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Also, the dealer shouldn't be selling you a bike you don't safely fit on. They should lower that thing for you free of charge.

·
Registered
146 Posts
to lower the front I think you have the right idea. When I did it I sprayed the tubes with a light coat of WD-40. Next I just loosened the triple clamps just enough where things would start moving. I tapped(gently) on the top triple clamp with a mallet next to each tube until the tubes where at the desired position. I didn't loosen things up all the way because I didn't want bike to slide all the way down before I could stop it thus braking fairings. Take your time and check your measurements as you go. I have no idea how difficult it would be to bring it back up to height so don't push it down to far. You probably should lower it the same as your rear links drop the back.

this is how I did it. Some of the more seasoned guys here could maybe tell you if there is a better way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes,just slide the fork tubes higher in the the triple clamps,make sure you lower the front as much as rear so that the steering geometrey stays the same. A good dealer should know all of this,prolly does it all the time

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it for $8,450

Pic at dealet.. didnt pick it up yet. Got to order frame sliders & lower it..
going to email them to order soupys lowering link & lower rear atleast an inch & try lower front same amount ..
If they can do inch & half even better.. i m 5'6" barely lol

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Looks nice. Congratulations.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Nice looking bike. I'm starting to grow on the new body styles.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
8500? Nice. That's what i am talking about. Gonna have to shop around next year.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I was just going around looking for 2011 left overs. Still no miles. Still factory warrenty great discount
I am going to keep that in mind for sure. If my 7 doesn't explode on me before this winter, I will try to get my hands on a new, leftover 11/12. I would prefer without ABS, just as a matter of having less stuff to break.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I really like the way the z1000 look over th zx10r and they are cheapper.
If you haven't seen them in person side by side, I would suggest checking it out.
I was kind of with you on that one, until I got to meet them both and shake hands. The N1K is very front heavy looking in person. VERY. You can really tell where its roots lie, and they aren't entirely in the supersport world. They really remind me of the BMW sport touring bikes, with the big builky front. I imagine that a nice looking set of luggage would go miles for balancing out the appearance of them.

The only thing stopping me from jumping on one is that I am not sure how many companies, if any, have a "sport bar" kit for them. I would want the bars to be lowered a bit so they are about in between what they are stock, and my 7. Or maybe I will just go buy a 14 and not worry about that...

XD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not many aftermarket parts yet.
I found only one lowering link & only adj kickstand right now is ebay special which i ordered till i can get soupy to make me one
i know, cant really seem to locate a full exhaust , first toy i ever had that dosent have alot of aftermarket available DAMN, do you search ninja 1000 or zx1000gbf?? the latter has next to nothing come up , oh well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
i know, cant really seem to locate a full exhaust , first toy i ever had that dosent have alot of aftermarket available DAMN, do you search ninja 1000 or zx1000gbf?? the latter has next to nothing come up , oh well
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/mode...f/assemblies/245660-suspension-shock-absorber
went there trying to match part numbers.. doesnt match things..
the Z1000 that suppose to be same bike the shock absober has a different part number though they look identical but the mounting ring and bearing for shock absober they have same part number.. I was thinking of getting Z1000 after market lowering spring or shock absorber..
The kickstand has a different part number.. thinking they r not identical.. :rant
Hope after market starts to pick up..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts