Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be the best helmet I've owned. Fits perfectly, the quality is incredible. Pictures do not do this thing justice.

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Holy giant pictures Batman.

I like the design on that, how much did it run you?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
yup they is nice ... thas why I have one

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Quality helmet. I have one all in black.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I just started looking at this model of Shoei.
Very nice shit.
How's the fit and size for you?
I am wearing a L in with Bell arrow right now.
The reason I'd like to upgrade is because I have the money and i've heard nothing but good things about the Shoei lineup - most important is decreased wind noise.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Very nice shit.
The reason I'd like to upgrade is because I have the money and i've heard nothing but good things about the Shoei lineup - most important is decreased wind noise.
I can't speak to the R1100 but I wouldn't say Shoei is best known for the reducing of wind noise... My X11 while I love the fit and finish of it does have a lot of wind noise. It is a track helmet mind you so it has amazing ventilation and with that comes noise. From my experience cheap pieces of crap that have terrible ventilation actually tend to be quieter :dunno

It also tends to whistle when I turn my head to check blind spots which is a known thing with Shoei. Kind of pisses me off to be honest.

If the most important thing for you is less wind noise I think you might end up a bit disappointed with Shoei (or any other pricey brand name company). I personally don't care as I wear ear plugs on any lengthy ride anyway. I would also take better ventilation over quiet any day.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Wasn't sure if you got it because you found a great deal somewhere.
Anytime! The helmet was priced the same every site I went to.

Very nice shit.
Fits like a glove. I had an HJC and a Scorpion and wore a M in my previous two helmets, so I got a Medium here also. The RF11000 is pretty dang quiet. My HJC was HORRIBLE in that department, my Scorp was a bit better, but this blows both of them out of the water. Quality and fit and finish are OUTSTANDING. I mean, you want quality, this helmet shows it. Pictures do not do it justice. It's light as hell, also which was a major priority for me.

I can't speak to the R1100 but I wouldn't say Shoei is best known for the reducing of wind noise... My X11 while I love the fit and finish of it does have a lot of wind noise. It is a track helmet mind you so it has amazing ventilation and with that comes noise. From my experience cheap pieces of crap that have terrible ventilation actually tend to be quieter :dunno

It also tends to whistle when I turn my head to check blind spots which is a known thing with Shoei. Kind of pisses me off to be honest.

If the most important thing for you is less wind noise I think you might end up a bit disappointed with Shoei (or any other pricey brand name company). I personally don't care as I wear ear plugs on any lengthy ride anyway. I would also take better ventilation over quiet any day.
Your X11 is a track helmet, so it vents very well. That's why I believe you get a lot of noise. The RF1100 from the very little seat time I had with it yesterday is amazingly quiet. It vents really well, too.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Your X11 is a track helmet, so it vents very well. That's why I believe you get a lot of noise. The RF1100 from the very little seat time I had with it yesterday is amazingly quiet. It vents really well, too.

:dunno

·
Registered
188 Posts
I love my rf1100 . Then again I may not count , shoei is all I use for the past 6 years. Only helmet that fits right , has low wind noise , looks good and is typically less than $700. Imo , one of the best helmets you can buy right now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts