Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 1400GTR. Fabulous. Silky smooth, very comfortable. Riding down to Cornwall with the misses next week so will be able to tell what it's like after a few hunfred miles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations! I hope you like yours as well as I like mine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
congratulations. I've had mine 5 days/500 miles. Think it's great. Let us know how you find the trip to Cornwall. I'm going down their on the GTR in a couple of weeks for long weeend and then have 10 days planned in the Austrian Alps during ealry Sept. After that I should have some great feedback.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from a 75 mile ride and it went very well, really comfortable. Only slight complaint is the screen, perhaps i have'nt found the right position yet. Also the side stand is a bit fliddly to get your foot on, or is it just me.

Will let you know next week how Cornwall trip was (from Berks). Will be interested in your ride to Austria, i will be planning a trip around France, ending up on the Cote d'azur, probably next June-ish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello fellow Brits - I thought I'd join in with the UK contingent!

I fell in love with the GTR 1400 last November and immediately put down a deposit. Last month the dealer told me that 2 had been allocated to them and one would be mine!

Well, it arrived on 12 July two days before a trip to Germany, Austria, Slovenia and Italy. What joy I thought BUT.....unfortunately there were 3 problems; Firstly I had ordered Neutron Silver and the dealer had only been allocated two in black (it did look rather lovely though!)
Secondly, he said it wouldn't be prepared in time for my trip (even if I accepted the black)

Lastly, and most importantly, I sat on it and was nearly on tiptoes!! I'm 5'9" with a 29 in seam - the bike is obviously not designed for short asses!

The dealer agreed to refund my deposit and I took my trip on my trusty BMW.

As soon as I see that a lower seat is available I will be joining you but in the meantime I will have to make do with reading about your rides - so keep the posts coming!

Enjoy your trips.

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry about the "Brit" reference Buffgunner. I misread your address as UK.
No offense - been there many times. I'm originally from South Africa and also lived in Australia. That's why I like this forum.:smile

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello fellow Brits - I thought I'd join in with the UK contingent!

I fell in love with the GTR 1400 last November and immediately put down a deposit. Last month the dealer told me that 2 had been allocated to them and one would be mine!

Well, it arrived on 12 July two days before a trip to Germany, Austria, Slovenia and Italy. What joy I thought BUT.....unfortunately there were 3 problems; Firstly I had ordered Neutron Silver and the dealer had only been allocated two in black (it did look rather lovely though!)
Secondly, he said it wouldn't be prepared in time for my trip (even if I accepted the black)

Lastly, and most importantly, I sat on it and was nearly on tiptoes!! I'm 5'9" with a 29 in seam - the bike is obviously not designed for short asses!

The dealer agreed to refund my deposit and I took my trip on my trusty BMW.

As soon as I see that a lower seat is available I will be joining you but in the meantime I will have to make do with reading about your rides - so keep the posts coming!

Enjoy your trips.

Dave
I've got short legs (30" inseam). Once i get going I have no problems at all. It's so easy and well balanced to ride really slowly in traffic. I'm just having to get use to and be be a little careful of the weight when stopping. No real issue though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got back from a 75 mile ride and it went very well, really comfortable. Only slight complaint is the screen, perhaps i have'nt found the right position yet. Also the side stand is a bit fliddly to get your foot on, or is it just me.

Will let you know next week how Cornwall trip was (from Berks). Will be interested in your ride to Austria, i will be planning a trip around France, ending up on the Cote d'azur, probably next June-ish.
As Ive mentioned in other posts, the only real issue for me is the screen. It seems noisy. The best position for me is not when I duck down but of I stretch and sit very upright. Therefore unlike others I think the screen needs to be shorter rather than taller. From my experience, taller screens are often the cause of noise and buffeting. Consequently thinking of ordering one 2-3" LOWER. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just got mine today as well! Everything I've been reading is absolutely true! I'm so impressed, there are no words that haven't already been said to describe the first 90 mile ride home from the dealer. :rofl I'm still in awe. :mfclap Trying to keep her below 4000 rpm is a chore and will be painful for 500 miles as well as 6000 rpm for 1000 miles. Definately looking forward to mile 1001. :crazyloco This Connie was worth the wait. :mfclap

Funny, and almost scarry, :eek:hno how you don't even notice the huge bazooka muffler going 80 mph down the freeway at less than 4000 rpm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm 5'11" but short in the leg. I cant get my feet flat on the ground but with a little care when stopping it seems fine.

As luck would have it i have sprained some muscles in my right leg today so cant ride it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just picked up my 1400GTR. Fabulous. Silky smooth, very comfortable. Riding down to Cornwall with the misses next week so will be able to tell what it's like after a few hunfred miles.

If you get down as far as St Ives, give me a shout for a quick :pint

Mine was assigned from the central wharehouse today and should be at the dealers Tuesday or Wednesday so it looks like I will have the first Cornish GTR1400 by next weekend. :mfclap

You can find me here... www.stuarts.biz

·
Registered
53 Posts
08CC14,

Wow. Great looking. You and the bike look OK also (LOL)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Arrival of New Motorcycle

Just got mine today as well! Everything I've been reading is absolutely true! ・・・・・・・・・・
Congratulations on your new motorcycle!

It is good-looking. :thumbup

Have a nice trip. :smile

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ride to Devon/Cornwall

My ride to the West Country was excellent. Most of the time spent in 6th (overdrive) gear at about 90mph, although i did take it up to 115mph on the way back. Very comfortable for myself and the misses, although she does find it a bit awkward getting on as the panniers are a little close to the rear footrest. The panniers have also taken a bit of a battering on the top with the scrapping of boots over them. I did notice a sort of nodding dog syndrome with my head at certain speeds, not sure if it was something to do with the combination of screen height/speed/pillion etc. Tank range seems pretty good, i'm sure i could have done 200 miles on a tank but i'm not sure how accurate the range display is (probably not very). The only other casulty was one of the bits of plastic that holds the compartment lid in place has broken, it will be replaced by warenty during it's first service. Next time i ride down that way i think i will skip the Motorway and try the A303/A30 to see how it handles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ninja-Bill, Glad you enjoyed the ride down here. The roads in the westcountry are great.
DON'T use the motorway...:eek:hno ........The A303 and A38 are brilliant. If you want some great roads try here for a few ideas for your next visit.

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/show_routes_in_selected_province.php?code=134

This site has some excellent runs all over europe and even some in the USA

·
Registered
228 Posts
Look out the Brits are coming! :nana

Hope you enjoy the bike as much as you'd hoped, I know I sure do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts