Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as you guys know, i have just gotten my seat cowl the other day, rear pegs removed and relocated the fluid reservoir....i was happy cus the bike was starting to come together. it was looking great.
tonight and friend and i decided to go cruisin around, i was on my bike and he was in his car. tonight there were lots of cops, but i was going on the speed limit so i thought i was fine. so we're just cruisin...passed hella cops on the side after pulling people over...then right when we passed this cop, she straight pulled up behind me, flashed her lights, so i pulled over..
she pulled me over cus my plate was tucked...lesson learned. so people with the plates tucked in...don't do it! and i was riding at night with a permit..so that's stupid of me i gotta admit, deserved to get bashed for that...
so she asked for my id, i asked if it was alright for me to call my friend who just drove by cus my things are in his car. she said sure....and said "yeah i'm afraid that you're gonna have to calll you buddy..." i asked..."is my bike getting impounded?" she replied yes...then that's when my heart just broke.
so i sat at the side of the sidewalk as she was writing her stuff...then another cop on his bike pulled up. long story short...they were nice people, but just weren't nice enough to let me go. dargh!

Because of them being nice and all my night wasn't ruined, nor am i upset right now. i am just like DAMN that $300 impound fee i could have used that to get a fender eliminator and insurance and license.

i guess this is what most bikers go through when they first ride...so i'm not going to really trip about it.

Again...do not have your license plate tucked or else you will get pulled over. also little dot reflectors do not work according to the cops, and a light is required for the license plate. OH..and the FUCKING dealer told me that it is legal for me to keep my high beams on 24/7..MY ASS!. the cops said that i could get pulled over at night if i got it on....fuckers!

sorry for the long read but i just thought i'd share another one of my stories to my fellows up on here...trying to save a few asses here.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I do not believe running hi beams ALL of the time is legal day or night. You still have to dim them to oncoming or close followed traffic. During the daytime MOST cops don't get pissed about leaving them on hi, even though it is a ticketable offence.
Your dealer is not a lawyer or a cop, I would suggest not following his legal advice.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sounds to me like you were just asking for trouble.... tucked plate, no light, no license(just permit)........ Get all your [email protected] legit and then you don't have to sweat it. How long have you been riding on that permit?????? Go and get your license ASAP!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey man that suck they got mine to a few years back but for a wayu better reason anyways it doesnt help that you live in a place where the cops wont let you slide on something so stupid ive never had any problems with my plate being tucked but maybe im just lucky

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sounds to me like you were just asking for trouble.... tucked plate, no light, no license(just permit)........ Get all your [email protected] legit and then you don't have to sweat it. How long have you been riding on that permit?????? Go and get your license ASAP!!!

Yeah um BIG +1 here.

CVC states that the plate must be visible day or night from 50 feet. Pretty much implicit that you have to have some sort of illumination.

Get your damn license. What are "little DOT reflectors"? Are you talking the things that screw into the holes on the plate? Yeah, those don't do anything.

·
Registered
462 Posts
yeah i'm one of them people who have to learn things the HARD way...*sigh*
I've slid 2 bikes multiple times at multiple speeds and in various forms of clothing ("protection") and have left in one piece, although I have left skin in some accidents (have roadrash over the most of the leftside of my arm,leg, and stomach) and a few fractures, but for the most part, I could always walk away. People always said stuff like this would happen, and I think I probably knew it would, but I did it anyways, bikes mean too much to me. The thing that is always in the back of my head is the fatal crash, or worse, the crippling one.
People can tell you, but it doesn't mean you have to listen. I wish people would just understand when I tell them theres nothing in my life that means more, that fulfills me more. I don't care if it's stupid, I'll always do it. Just like I'd imagine Silversurfer feels, it didn't matter that he only had his permit, he still rode, and he might again, even if it is stupid. It's the way bikes are, there not a decision made with the brain, but with your heart. Bikes are a thing of passion, if you used your head you'd get a Volvo.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gee OGM I'm so glad there are motorcyclists out there like the two of you giving us all a bad name and driving our insurance premiums up. :(

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've slid 2 bikes multiple times at multiple speeds and in various forms of clothing ("protection") and have left in one piece, although I have left skin in some accidents (have roadrash over the most of the leftside of my arm,leg, and stomach) and a few fractures, but for the most part, I could always walk away. People always said stuff like this would happen, and I think I probably knew it would, but I did it anyways, bikes mean too much to me. The thing that is always in the back of my head is the fatal crash, or worse, the crippling one.
People can tell you, but it doesn't mean you have to listen. I wish people would just understand when I tell them theres nothing in my life that means more, that fulfills me more. I don't care if it's stupid, I'll always do it. Just like I'd imagine Silversurfer feels, it didn't matter that he only had his permit, he still rode, and he might again, even if it is stupid. It's the way bikes are, there not a decision made with the brain, but with your heart. Bikes are a thing of passion, if you used your head you'd get a Volvo.
good grief. are you trying to justify poor decision making? license is easy to get. insurance is easy to get (i use geico, its pretty cheap). you can get a pretty good helmet for under $200. I got a pretty nice First Gear jacket for $219 at motorcyclecloseouts.com (i think that was the name of the site, if you look around you'll find it). I got a set of Hein Geriche leather riding pants on ebay for like $75. Is all that roadrash and injury really worth it? I know theres risk in riding and always will be, but don't you atleast try to minimize it? Please don't tell me you're one of those guys who rides his bike to the bar and then wobbles it home at 2 a.m. if so, you might wanna seriously consider that volvo.
Tom
Be Safe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i could not handle an impound. i would go crazy if anyone but me touched my bike.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Off topic I know, but......

Blimey! you sound like a govenment safety warning campaign that is trying to put people OFF bikes :headscratch IMO crashing is not a way of life with bikes unless you are reckless in how you ride & ignore the mistakes that made you crash in the first place. Clearly you are not a good example to any newbie bikers out there :rolleyes Plus if bikes really 'mean that much to' you why do you keep crashing them - BS!. Sounds to me like you are just an egocentric thrill seeker who doesn't give a toss about the consequences of your actions :squint If you use your head you can still get the most out of a bike on the road without risking yourself & other road users. Better still stop crashing & put the money you save on parts, clothing & medical bills to a few track days :crazyloco makes more sense to me......

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
here are some pics when the bike was on the flat bed.

some pretty good shots with good lighting i gotta admit. ahhah.
it looks so much like it was getting towed to a show, everything just looks clean and nice. trailer queen of some sort.

oh and that says CENTRAL VALLEY "TOWING"...not RACING. even though it does look like it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
lol,, OMG!!! That bike is sexy even getting TOWED.. Those are the sexiest pics I've seen yet.. THANKS 4 THE NEW WALLPAPER!!! My first choice is the kawi green 07' but I must say-- you REALLY ARE making me absolutly LOVE that silver & red.. Its gonna be a hard decision come that oh sweet special day,lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got pulled this past weekend and it was for speeding. The cop walked up and had to squat to read my plate but he didn't say anything about its location. He gave me careless operation for the speeding but said nothing about the plate.

·
Registered
236 Posts
live and learn,i went to court 3 times before i got my M/C license but i was young and stupid...but when you are on a sportbike you are in the crosshairs of the law no matter if you are 16 or 50 years old .we all break the law from speeding to careless driving thats just how it is?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts