Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 92 zx600c it wont start. i reconnected the gas tank and everything checks out, i just got a new battery for it so i know its not the battery. but idk what else it could be if i could get any help on this i would be gratefull. there is no power at all not a sound or light. the gauge pod doesnt light up or anything. its like the battery is dead but its not. any suggestions?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea imma check the fuses tomorrow when i have light to work. i had the engine switch set to the run position. ive been given a lot of suggestions to what the problem may be. like i said its a new battery i just bought today. so i know its not the battery. theres just no power at all the cluster doesnt come on light up or anything. like i said its like it has no battery power. but its a brand new battery.

· Registered
1,891 Posts
Just for shits and giggles, attach a battery charger to the battery then see what happens when you turn the key to the on position with the engine kill switch set to the run position.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it was the main fuse but like all project fixes you fix one problem another one arises so it its cranks but wont turn over. I think I need to rebuild the carbs because the bike sat for 6 months b4 I bought it. Is there a how to guide to rebuild them or should I just take it to a shop and have them do it.

· Premium Member
13,442 Posts
Unless you want to be at the mercy of some shop, the first thing you should do is purchase a manual. Many of the questions you will have can be answered with some study. Plus, as you are reading about the things you want to correct, you will discover other things that will help you in the future.

· Administrator
57,861 Posts
So it was the main fuse but like all project fixes you fix one problem another one arises so it its cranks but wont turn over. I think I need to rebuild the carbs because the bike sat for 6 months b4 I bought it. Is there a how to guide to rebuild them or should I just take it to a shop and have them do it.
:headscratch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.