Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya. Been riding for many years, mostly Harleys, all cruisers up until about a year ago. Bought an 06 R1 for my wife and discovered I really enjoy the sportbike ride as well. I would have been happy to ride the R1 except for the smaller overall size (I'm 6'3" 230) and lack of torque.

I was actually just looking at the new Hogs last weekend when I saw this big Ninja off in the corner near the motorclothes section. It was an 08, bone stock with frame sliders and only 1,642 miles. After sitting on it and eyeballing it for a week I took it for a ride and really liked it. The low-end grunt, and larger size/ more comfortable seating position were all it took to bring me over to the dark side. The Dealership was asking $8,999 but it was on consignment and I ended up going directly to the owner. He sold it to me for $7,263.20, his payoff. Turns out he was about 6'5" and hard purchased an Icon jacket, Airframe helmet and gloves that he threw in with the deal.

I put about 400 miles on it the first week and am very happy with the bike.
Will start looking at the basic mods soon, just enjoying the ride for now.

Anyway, The forums look great and I can see a lot of technical knowledge available to assist with making changes so I think I will be spending a lot of time in here.

Thanks for all the advice offered in here. Sure will make things easier.

Reckin

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the zxf.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats!!!
Im almost same size and weight as you and thats what got me on the ZX14 was comfort us bigger dudes! I just got a used 06 and it's Incredible!! :crazyloco

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice, I remember when mine looked like that. I just posted mine int the ride of the month take a look at some of the mods I made. Its the same model as yours

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice, you got a good deal. I recently bought an '08 as well. I love it for the same reasons as you do. But I am considering a move to the BMW R1200GS, as I'm big into touring these days and I'd like to get a little offroad action. Good luck with your bike!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
A CONVERT!

Don't tell anyone that the grass is in fact greener. We like that little secret.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
congrats and welcome to the 14 fam.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Heya. Been riding for many years, mostly Harleys, all cruisers up until about a year ago. Bought an 06 R1 for my wife and discovered I really enjoy the sportbike ride as well. I would have been happy to ride the R1 except for the smaller overall size (I'm 6'3" 230) and lack of torque.

I was actually just looking at the new Hogs last weekend when I saw this big Ninja off in the corner near the motorclothes section. It was an 08, bone stock with frame sliders and only 1,642 miles. After sitting on it and eyeballing it for a week I took it for a ride and really liked it. The low-end grunt, and larger size/ more comfortable seating position were all it took to bring me over to the dark side. The Dealership was asking $8,999 but it was on consignment and I ended up going directly to the owner. He sold it to me for $7,263.20, his payoff. Turns out he was about 6'5" and hard purchased an Icon jacket, Airframe helmet and gloves that he threw in with the deal.

I put about 400 miles on it the first week and am very happy with the bike.
Will start looking at the basic mods soon, just enjoying the ride for now.

Anyway, The forums look great and I can see a lot of technical knowledge available to assist with making changes so I think I will be spending a lot of time in here.

Thanks for all the advice offered in here. Sure will make things easier.

Reckin

Congratulations! You bought a brand new, beautiful bike at a great price. FWIW my only mod was frame sliders and an OEM center stand. The bike hits warp speed above 140.

After you red line it through 6th gear you'll be the world expert on the "need" for ZX-14 performance mods. :crazyloco

1 - 12 of 12 Posts