Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2009 zx14 monster ed with 3k mile under warranty until 2014
Current mods- two brother slip ons. front strap with caliper brackets, lowered, fender delete.
Dont want to void my warranty if so i want to be able to unplug it before i take it to the dealer ship. whats the best first mods for drag racing? power commander? TRE?
heard a tre is the way to go bc it will open flies sooner.? any tricks or tips?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Sounds like you need to pull the flys get a power commander and a custom map to begin with but to not void the warranty ypu might have to leave the flys for now . The 09 will open the flys @ 3k rpm witch is acceptable for now . I'm not so sure a tre will open the flys on an 09 any faster than stock if it was an 06-07 it would .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked to my dealer they said i could just unplug or take off the add ons before i bring it in if i do have a problem. but pulling the fly's in and out would be a pain

·
Registered
139 Posts
The dealers I have been to don't care to much about exhaust and other add-ons. However, you fry your engine they will find out lol.

I think the brocks single CT system gives the best HP if you have the money for it.

PCV works great

Flies removal is easy and better than the tre. If you ever did have a major malfunction you just add them back in. I did that.

Stretched arm would be good for drag.

Change gearing. Learn your clutch well.

Good dyno tune for your application

Most important HAVE FUN!

An FYI if you really fry your zx14, if you add some extra items that can bust you don't add them on the internet or talk about them. If they can prove you were racing or had something on the bike they void your warrenty. They will investigate, facebook, twitter and whatever else is posted on the web... they will find.

·
Registered
322 Posts
dont let fear rob you of pure excitement.

Well, imho, if you're gonna "drag race" the bike, don't be concerned about "the dealer". You're gonna be confused for a long time trying to satisfy BOTH. If you wanna go FAST, PHUCK THE DEALER & THE WARRANTY. Just GO FAST!!!!!

With that said, my personal "favorite" & "highly effective" mod for a street or track bike is none other than: a set of BST's with ceramic bearings!! I admit, I did my "best" mod last. You don't need to make the same mistake I did. Get it done, and you will NOT regret it. I cannot imagine, and WILL NOT go back to cast aluminium wheelset. They are CHEAP, UNSAFE, AND HEAVY AS PHUCK!! In my opinion, the stock wheelset looks nice, but are prolly the WORST part on the magnificent 14. Take care.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based on your modifications unless they can prove that the mods caused the problem. Even then the warranty cannot be voided in its entirety, they can just opt not to pay for that one repair. It's called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Riggsracin I have a 09 SE zx-14 I purchased in Aug 12. My first mod was the GIPRO ATRE. If your not willing to remove your flies then the TRE would be the way to go. With the TRE installed I noticed the bike being more reponsive with more torque, you are going to notice this difference. My next Mod is going to be a PCV and getting the back tuned. See this link for more details about the GIPRO ATRE:

http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews/GiProATRE.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts