Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my juice box pro in the mail today. Excited to hook it up tomorrow....

I know a lot of people have them and power commanders etc. It says race use only right on the juice box...

I just commute/ ride . I never been to a track.

Am I gonna get in trouble if I go to the dealer with my illegal juicebox pro hooked up?
Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Juice box pro. Illegal??

I know a lot of people have them and power commanders etc. It says race use only right on the juice box...

Am I gonna get in trouble if I go to the dealer with my "race only" juice box pro hooked up?

·
Registered
24 Posts

Am I gonna get in trouble if I go to the dealer with my "race only" juice box pro hooked up?
IMO...unless u have a warranty on the bike thru the dealership, i dont see how u would get in trouble with the dealership themselves...but then again u live in new york so things there is a bit different from missouri :dunno

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
virtually all aftermarket performance motorcycle hardware that affects air/fuel ratios is "Not for road use" or "Race use only" (a legal look-the-other-way) because of EPA standards. I like to call it the motorcycle industry's 'dirty little secret'. You won't get in trouble with the dealer taking it in for service cause its your bike - do what you want with it. As far as warranties go, idk.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dealer won't say anything. Why would they? hahah not like they're gonna call the cops. Alot of parts are "race only" I wouldn't stress about it at all. Leave it hooked up and have fun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Makes me feel better!

There's no warranty on it, so that won't make a difference!

·
Registered
320 Posts
No warranty then no problem. I've had them services with my jumper mod in and he asked me if I thought I felt a difference after I did the jumper mod lol. But then again I just had it dyno tuned for my powercommander from the same shop. Shouldn't matter I'd think. At least the right service shop won't care.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No warranty then no problem. I've had them services with my jumper mod in and he asked me if I thought I felt a difference after I did the jumper mod lol. But then again I just had it dyno tuned for my powercommander from the same shop. Shouldn't matter I'd think. At least the right service shop won't care.
That's a good shop ! Haha

Is it worth getting is custom tuned?

For now I'll stick with the pre loaded map it came with
Eventually id like to get it custom tuned at the dyno

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
virtually all aftermarket performance motorcycle hardware that affects air/fuel ratios is "Not for road use" or "Race use only" (a legal look-the-other-way) because of EPA standards. I like to call it the motorcycle industry's 'dirty little secret'. You won't get in trouble with the dealer taking it in for service cause its your bike - do what you want with it. As far as warranties go, idk.
Technically you can get massive fines for anything that tampers with emissions control equipment.

And I mean massive.

But that's only if someone very particular pokes around in your bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts