Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get some input from some who have done it themselves or had someone else do it. I have an '07 ZZR600...getting ready to do an exhaust swap which includes a different style header. Do I do the work myself or would it be over my head?...I am mechanically inclined, know how to read directions, and I am sure I probably have the tools to do it...but would it be better to have someone else do it? I know I would still want to have someone tune it, but the big bucks are spent on the install. Thanks for any input. Be safe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you are good with a wrench and screwdriver, and can follow instructions, you can do the job yourself. I've personally done EVERY part of it, including the tuning on my bike myself. its really not THAT hard to do, you just have to know how to do it. if you want some tuning help, dont be afraid to ask me. I'll give as much help as I know how to give.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great to know...how did you go about tuning it? I mean, was it like put it all back together, go ride it, and then take it all apart again to re-tune it...and then do it all over?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used the power of the internet to get the base settings, then I set everything to those settings, put it back together, and fine tuned the mixture screws on the carburetors from there. the screws for the mixture are on the bottom, and dont require the carbs to come off, but each carb should be at the same setting on those screws.

on mine it was 2.5 turns out from all the way in and lightly seated. the floats, I'm not sure about the height on though because your bike is different from my old 500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts