Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've had my zx11 for two years. When I cleaned the jets about a year ago I noticed they are all 160. Pilot jetsare #38. I have a hiflo brand air filter and a full muzy 4 into on exhaust system. It runs pretty good, but I'm not sure I'm getting optimum performance.
Should the bike have 162 jets on #1 and #4 cylinders? Remember this is the c model from 1991. I see posts about d models using 158 and 160.
I have not checked for other carb modifications such as washers and needle spacers but i will check when apart.
I want to buy any jets i may need before taking the bike apart to clean the carbs.
Maybe I should stay with 160s? Any suggestions on what size is right?
I would assume the previous owner put 4- 160s in there for a reason, but most 4 cylinders run better with different jets do they not?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
From 1990 to 1991½, MJ on C model were 4 x 155
From 1991½ to 1993, MJ on C model were 4 x 140
It's only on D model that MJ were staggered

IMHO, MJ on C model shoud remain 4 identical units. I believe Kawa engineers knew what they were doing.
Regarding yours, I assume OEM MJ were 4 x 155 and upgrading to 4 x 160 seems to be about right considering air filter and exhaust.

That being said, there is no magical recipe that apply to everyone. If you want to have optimal performance, you must experiment with different MJ. Ideally dyno runs tells the complete story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts