Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 98 ZX9R last summer that was jetted but I'm not sure the type (I bought it from an idiot that was afraid to ride it)......I now have a 99 ZX9R with a full muzzy system and a K&N that is fast but could be faster. Does the Ivan's kit or Dynojet kit have any flaws and which type (and stage) is more recommended for street riding/commuting? I am also planning on installing it myself-any helpful tips? Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I believe the preferred kit is Factory Pro, which I have installed and I'm a commuter too. Some here do run Dynojet but I haven't heard of anyone with an Ivan's setup. Or you can tune it your self - check e1's signature for links. He's around the forums enough, you can't miss him.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a factory pro. Checked on Ivans, but wouldn't work with a Hindle pipe. Something to do with the configuration of the pipe. Ivans will work with the Muzzy though. I have heard that both are pretty good. Check on the price and talk to them see who has better customer service.
Factory Pro is pretty easy to put in and tune.Very detailed on the "how-to's". E1 has a few good posts on how to install and tune these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts