Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a clean non running 02 a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to cleaning the carbs. P.O. said it had been sitting for 3 years and I believe him.
The exhaust is all oem so I was a little surprised to find main jets (170 outer/180/inner) stamped Factory along with a K&N. Needles were stock with 2 washers underneath. Fuel screws were 3.5 turns out and float height was unknown due to them being gummed up and stuck in place. Does this sound like a FP kit ? I'm a little puzzled because it didn't have the float bowl mod done which I thought was a part of FP instructions from what I could gather from various forum postings. I cleaned them up did the mod and set the float height to 13mm. I got the bike running and it seems to run fine btw. I forgot to mention the slide springs seem a little stiffer than OEM springs I've come across.
ZX7r garage.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Factory Pro kit offers 182-172 or 168-178 main jets. Different emulsion tubes, lighter slide springs and washers for the needles as the stock ones are not adjustable

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
The FP Jet Needles also have a different taper then stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts