Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my bike at a low speed a few weeks back, and now everytime I shift into first gear from neutral position, it jerks. is this normal? thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is your clutch cable adjusted correctly? If it the transmission is not fully disengaged it could go down into the gear hard, causing a jerking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Left side plastics replaced, new shifter and mirror. Bike runs like the day I took it off the lot, but the jerking part is just annoying.

·
Registered
683 Posts
When the bike is in first hold in the clutch and rev it a little bit. If it feels like its trying to pull away (even a little) then you probably have a clutch problem. If its fully disengaged it shouldn't try to pull away when holding the clutch in. Just a simple idea to try.
T

·
Registered
532 Posts
It all depends on how much "jerk" forward you get, It could be a clutch adjustment problem, or if you replaced the oil after you dropped and repaired it, it could be the new "thicker" oil that tends to do this, or if the weather is very cold.

Does it still do it when the oil has heated up a bit???

A lot of bikes have got a little bit of "jerking" forward if it was in neutral and you shift into first.

If this is only slightly, it should not be something serious. Like the previous guys said, try first to determine if the clutch do release completely when pulled in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.