Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The front wheel is actually of my L model, its still got the same tyre on it just with less tread. I sold it to a orevious iwner of this bike about 5 or 6 years ago, its dated 2004 and was still being used until the bike was stolen and dumped.

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My original plan was a full restoration to standard but that's boring. So lightweight 900 J model it is.
those that have followed my L model build will know that depends on me ever getting both or any of my 900 engines up and running properly.
ive swapped the front forks for zx7r items, im in the process of fitting zx6r wheels. Ive bought genuine fairings and a replica single seat with 2 butt pads😀
Asphalt Road surface Grass Wood Landscape
Asphalt Road surface Grass Wood Landscape

Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Synthetic rubber Tints and shades

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,026 Posts
What kind of exhaust is that?

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive tire Water Purple Road surface Motor vehicle

the inside of the exhaust isnt as big as the outside, im going to strip and repack the exhaust as its an empty can. I will probably use the carbon fibre sleeve i have. Ive not fully decided that yet

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Black Wheel

aprillia rsv rear calliper and hanger, bolt thru the bobbin bracket will hold it in place but needs to be spun round to bleed. Took a bit of work as i needed to “buff” the calliper to get clearance. 400g light weight rear disc, ive got titanium bolts in the post. There will be a few titanium bolts on this bike but nothing like 2fats build.

· Registered
5,026 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge

gps speedo one of china’s finest, even lights up pale red. Takes a minute or so to lock onto a gps signal but seems to read a true speed going by the gps speedo app on my phone. Tested it in the van

· Registered
5,026 Posts
View attachment 22481
gps speedo one of china’s finest, even lights up pale red. Takes a minute or so to lock onto a gps signal but seems to read a true speed going by the gps speedo app on my phone. Tested it in the van
That's cute! What's wrong with the speedo on the se7ens?

· Registered
5,026 Posts
Nothings wrong with it but ive fitted zx6r wheels, so ive lost the speedo drive and didnt want to go for a koso type dash. This was the closest looking to the original i could find.
that makes sense

1 - 20 of 52 Posts