Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

We have reached a point of uncertainty on which bikes were equipped with the Tank decal front and center on the tank with the championship win on it.

Did this come on the 1991, 1992 or both motorcycles?

Have found a link to what says is an original 1992 with the sticker on the tank, confirmed by the additional reinforcement on frame by the headlight mount BUT that doesn't mean the tank came on the bike originally.

What is the verdict out there?

Looking for some of our more senior members to chime in if possible...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RDDecals shows the decal kit for 1991 & 1992 together. I am convinced it only came on one year of the 2 but I could totally be wrong. I always thought it was just 92 but another that I value opinion from says 91 only!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MTE, any idea on the 91/92? I believe it says 1990 champ. Whether they could get this sorted for the 91 production bikes is questionable depending on when that occurred. I'm thinking I will run with it as it is on that 92 listed as OEM which has the rest of the warning stickers on it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is definitely the decal. The question was if it came on 1991 only, 1992 only, or both production year bikes.

·
6,579 Posts
My understanding is they came with the 91 bike, celebrating the win. The sticker was available to purchase long after that, and many people bought them and put them on other years. I am fairly sure I got the last one available in North America.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks RiTurbo. Looks like there were 91 & 92 that came with them from what I am seeing.

TTracer. Not looking for a copy of the decal. These can be found from RDDecals in Canada a very good company out of Ontario that ships to Canada and USA.I would not use an unknown ebay decal supplier on a high value motorcycle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have we got bots on here trying to promote? TTracer posted same thing here 3 times and his only posts.

The 92 I linked to is definitely a 92 based on frame and has sticker.

·
6,579 Posts
Have we got bots on here trying to promote? TTracer posted same thing here 3 times and his only posts.

The 92 I linked to is definitely a 92 based on frame and has sticker.
I put a sticker on one of my 94's. No bike came with them installed. It was given to the new owner for 91's only, and sometimes installed by the dealer. Kawasaki sold these stickers through the parts department for years, so many models could have them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts