Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost a year ago on April 23, 2011 I crashed me new ZX10R. Long story short I severed two arteries in my abdomen. I was bleeding internally for an hour and 45 minutes. All the doctors said I should have died. There was a lot more to my recovery and to what happened to me. They removed 5-6 feet of my small intestine. My last post on this sight was about what I thought was my final ride while I was in the hospital bed. This was not my first accident but the first like this. I still do not remember much. I had to sell my other two bikes to help cover bills. Back in December my dad said he could not stand not seeing me riding and he gave me his 1993 Harley sportster that we completely rebuilt a few years ago. I have not ridden it yet I need a helmet, tires and carb adjusted. I know its a sin to say that name on this sight. Well my girlfriend at the time of the accident will soon be my wife. She told me she wants me to buy another ZX10R! She said it would me my wedding gift! Where its even more awesome she told me she wants to get a motorcycle! I'm not 100% recovered but I can't wait to replace the bike I almost died on.

O one last thing. I read all the post after I posted my last one however I did not respond. All I can say is thanks to all the members who showed there support for a fellow rider. I feel kinda bad about not saying thanks. Soon as I get the new scoot I'll post up pics.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Sorry, I had to skip through your post...couldn't stomache anything within the arteries sentence. Glad your girl is still there to help you through all this. Glad to see you back in good spirits!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I remember this. It was around the same time my bike was stolen. I'm happy to hear that your in good spirits and are gonna be getting back on 2 wheels. That's awesome. Good luck to you with everything man. I wish you the best.

·
11,782 Posts
Glad you're back. Keep working on that recovery...don't push too hard, too fast. And congrats on having a badass chick.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Glad your doing ok man. It is always awful to hear about a fellow rider going down. Keep your head up and I hope you have a full recovery soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts