Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And that would be that I just bought an 07 ZX-6R and love it. Oh man I can't get enough of riding this thing!

·
Registered
236 Posts
even in the rain ?LOL just playing ,enjoy

·
Registered
330 Posts
They're so distracting aren't they -
prognosis: you'll be useless at getting anything else done for months now :thefinger
perscription: RIDE THAT THING UNTIL THE CONSTANT CRAVING SUBSIDES :clap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First day I got it I had to ride it home without a helmet and I hit some rain. All I could do was pray I didn't lay it out and ruin it before I even got insurance. By the way I ride anywhere and everywhere on this thing even though its almost 100 degrees here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know your problem, do you go outside at night just to get one last look or even just to touch it.......... now don't tell anyone.........but.........I..........even give it a hug.......sometimes.

Maybe I need professional help, I got new tyres last Thursday BS 002 streets, so after finishing work around 10pm I got home had dinner and then decided to put the wheels on the bike, first I thought, best to clean the brakes while the tyres are off. So after cleaning the cylinders and calipers I decided to clean the chain as well, so a nice cleaning, some chain grease. Then I needed to do some rewiring for the indicators and number plate light (hotbodies), washed the wheels then put them on the bike.

Good I though but with everything complete I thought I should wash the rest of the bike too. Great, after the wash I notice the sun was coming up, had a shower got into bed at 4:30 up at 7:00 to go to work.

Today it's pissing down rain here in Yamanashi Japan and for some reason I couldn't get away from the feeling that I wanted to ride my bike, so on my break, I drove home put on the rain gear and rode back to work, when I arrived back to work a coworker said, "Did you just go home in the rain to swap your car for the bike"? I said, "Yeah"

Like all my other hobbies (other than [email protected]#$ing) I usually lost interest after a few years of doing it. I thought bikes would be the same or at least slow down, I've been waiting for it to slow down for years but it's just getting worst and you don't realize until suddenly you find everyone (even the people you hardly know) greeting you with, "how's your bike?"

Pete.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes...addictive isn't it?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Having ridden only a month I can say this: I will never be without a bike. For me, it's almost a religious experience. I have never gotten this much pleasure from anything (including sex). :smile

·
Registered
23 Posts
i got caught in a heavy rain storm with my friend while riding here in ny.
It was one of those 95 degree days and the rain was soooooo cool!

It was the best feeling ever,i was riding in like 2 inches of water,,splashing all around,,,traffic was so slow,,,,,man i owned the roads!!

It was one of the best things ive ever done with my pants on!!!!

I had to go home and peel my clothes off!!

If youve never rode in the pouring rain,you gotta try it at least once to say youve did it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've always had two wheels of some sort. First it was mini-bikes with 5hp B&S, then it was YZ 80's, then it was a Honda PA 50, then it was a Garelli Moped, then I got my license and took a few years off, then it was a love affair:sex with sport bikes that has lasted 20 years now and still going strong. BTW, I just got my bike back from the 600 mile service. I am doing the jumper mod tonight and going out Friday (off work) to rip it up and let it sing to me at 16,500. I can't fucking wait!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i got caught in a heavy rain storm with my friend while riding here in ny.
It was one of those 95 degree days and the rain was soooooo cool!

It was the best feeling ever,i was riding in like 2 inches of water,,splashing all around,,,traffic was so slow,,,,,man i owned the roads!!

It was one of the best things ive ever done with my pants on!!!!

I had to go home and peel my clothes off!!

If youve never rode in the pouring rain,you gotta try it at least once to say youve did it!
Same thing happened to me the other day. Hopped on for a quick ride to go out to the local hang out and grab a coffee... but nobody else around.

Popped by to see a friend's playoff baseball game on the way home and it started to spit... thought I would try and make it home before it got too bad... I mean, why be out in it, if you don't need to be right?

A block away from the baseball field, the sky opened up. It was crazy... I was drenched in under a minute... and I mean soaked.

I rode home in it (no other choice but park under an overpass) and I was killing myself laughing inside my helmet the whole time. People that I was parked beside at red lights must've thought I was out on a day pass, or normally rode the short bus... but I couldn't stop laughing.

Had to peel off the second skin when I got home. I'm still laughing about it 2 days later. :rotflmao

·
Registered
101 Posts
Must spend a 1/4 of my time riding in the rain - have to say it gets beyond funny when that's all you've done for a week but it sure brings a smile to your face when the sun finally comes back!

If you want a real buzz though you should ride a sportsbike in the snow. Get to do it every year and it's a mixture of joy and shear terror. Wouldn't want to do it all the time as I'd be a nervous wreck but a few trips a year keeps the senses alive hehe.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
it will get less addicting when the power feels like its not enough, solution, get a 10R

·
Registered
101 Posts
it will get less addicting when the power feels like its not enough, solution, get a 10R
Must admit you've got a point in a way. However, having had bigger bikes for years I've stepped down to the 6R so that I can have a 'play' again. Sure the power's not all that but having a ball all the same!

·
Registered
60 Posts
wet n mad

Im glad all you guys had such a great time splashing around in the puddles but here in Florida when its raining its fucking miserable:rolleyes.Its happened more times to me than I can remember so I'll just tell you about the time I remember to be the most painful.I was on the way to work at TGIFridays and it must have been 55Degrees and it starts to rain 5mins into my trip.Well let me tell you what a cold day in windy hell feels like.Just keep all your clothes on and jump into a slighty frozen lake then jump on your bike and drive 60mph for 25minutes.It hurt so bad I was literally screaming from the sheer shock of the pelting sensation:scared .My fingers,head,face,feet were all very numb.Not only that but I had to stand at work with wet pants,socks and shoes.Thank god I wore my jacket.This is the funniest part though,one of my customers over heard my sad story and was supposed to have a softball game but it got rained out...soooo the guy goes out to his car and gets his extra pair of "DRY" baseball socks and gives them to me.I'd say these were the most comfortable pair of used socks I've ever worn,none before then but thats besides the point.When I got out of work it was the same thing back and the second I stepped dripping wet foot in door I walked straight to the bathroom and stripped in the shower while the hot water was going.It was probably the best feeling of warmth I've ever had!:smile Which brings me to the end of my rant.Was it an expirence to remember?:headscratch YES...would I do it again?HELL NO!!!:thefinger

·
Registered
31 Posts
My boyfriend has a 10R and he likes riding mine, he doesn't have to worry about gagging it and the front tire coming up....

We got caught in the rain last night too, to me it is not fun!!! For one thing we have enough idiots around here when the roads are dry and the roads are slick and the rain stings.... but living in Florida the sun can be shining one minute and it's raining the next.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, riding in the rain is alright if you're just out for a spin and it's something different. Unfortunately most of my rides are for commuting rather than pleasure and getting wet (which happens often) is an inconvenience I could do without. Comes with the lifestyle though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts